Breaking News
  • March 284/1-5 Spring Break
  • March 283/29 Blood Drive
  • March 283/28 Art Show
  • March 273/28 Thespian Variety Show @ 7
  • March 223/29 Track and Field: Friday Night Lights @ 4:30
  • March 223/28 Baseball game against Pike Co @ 6:00
Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

McIntosh Trail - The Student News Site of McIntosh High School

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Editor in Chief

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief

Senior Kamryn Torr has been a part of the Trail staff for 4 years. After being a staff writer her freshman year and sports editor her sophomore year, this will be Kamryn’s second year as Editor in Chief for the Trail. Aside from her interest in journalism, Kamryn loves sports. Her passion for sports includes soccer and football. She began playing soccer when she was three years old, but the week before her junior year started, she suffered her third concussion in less than two years and will no longer be playing soccer. Kamryn loves college football, especially Penn State. She is a diehard Penn State fan because both of her parents attended college there. She combines her journalism capabilities and her love for sports into sports writing; Kamryn is often live Tweeting MHS sporting events. 

All content by Kamryn Torr
Brad Yarbrough using his phone flashlight to lighten up some of the hallway.

Seniors’ Last Friday Going Out Just Like The Electricity

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief May 10, 2019

Friday, May 10, students of McIntosh came into the school with no air conditioning, no power, and no WiFi. The power went out at the school around 7:45 a.m., during zero period. All electricity was out...

Seniors in the class of 2016 after their shaving cream fight in the parking lot.

Tradition Comes to an End After Actions by Previous Class

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief May 8, 2019

High school is filled with experiences and traditions that students will remember for the rest of their lives, although as years pass, traditions tend to die. Some teachers and administration who graduated...

Katelyn Galbraith Shoots Her Shot by Committing to Western Carolina

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief May 7, 2019

Not too long ago, junior Katelyn Galbraith was one of the new girls to the McIntosh soccer team after moving to Peachtree City last year from Washington. Coming into the McIntosh soccer program can be...

Athlete of the Week: Jackson Crow

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Apr 8, 2019

Senior Jackson Crow was awarded with Athlete of the Week. Crow began playing tennis when he was seven years old. Throughout the past four years of high school, Crow has been a part of the Chiefs varsity...

During the 2016-2017 season, Emily and Bailey Lopez were both able to win a state championship for McIntosh. In the fall, they will both be a part of the same soccer program yet again, trying to win the soccer programs at Shorter University a championship as well.

Bailey Lopez Reunites With Sister At Shorter University

For senior soccer player Bailey Lopez the past year apart from his sister, Emily, has been difficult, especially with the stress of senior year and trying to plan for his life after high school. Emily...

Senior Ryan Sanders throwing from shortstop.

Ryan Sanders Commits to Becoming A Pioneer

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Mar 13, 2019

After a two year separation, senior Ryan Sanders will be reunited with his brother, Zach at Tusculum University in Tenn. The Sanders’ brothers will be a dynamic duo on the baseball field. “It’s going...

“Instant Family” Movie Review

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Mar 12, 2019

One of the newest movies this winter season is the movie, Instant Family. The movie includes cast member's Mark Wahlberg, Rose Byrne, Isabela Moner, Octavia Spencer, Tig Notaro, and many more. The movie...

Senior Jack Bukowski up to bat.

Jack Bukowski “Comets” To UT-Dallas

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Mar 7, 2019

The commitment process for any athlete is always stressful, no matter the sport. Senior baseball player, Jack Bukowski, has played baseball since he was two years old and has wanted to play baseball in...

Senior goalie for the Chiefs, Huck McCollum, saving a shot during practice.

Athlete of the Week: Huck McCollum

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Feb 27, 2019

Four-year player for the Chiefs lacrosse team, senior goalie Huck McCollum, was awarded with Athlete of the Week. McCollum has played lacrosse since he was in third grade. His freshman and sophomore...

Kennedi Miller dribbling up the court directing her teammates where to go for the play.

Athlete of the Week: Kennedi Miller

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Feb 13, 2019

Four-year varsity letterman for the Lady Chiefs basketball team, Kennedi Miller, was awarded with Athlete of the Week. Basketball has been a huge part of Miller’s life for about 12 years now. She...

Towards the end of tryouts on Thursday, all the girls coaches circled up. They discussed how tryouts went and where they would be meeting following tryouts to discuss what team each player would be on for the upcoming season.

Soccer Teams Kick Off The Season With Tryouts

Soccer tryouts began this week for all teams; freshmen, junior varsity, and varsity, which means that soccer season is officially here. “This week has definitely been so much fun, but has also been stressful,”...

Senior signees joined together in the auditorium to officially sign in continuing their athletic and academic careers.

Student Athletes Participate In 2019 National Signing Day

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Feb 7, 2019

National Signing Day was held in the McIntosh Auditorium on Feb. 6. Six student athletes, along with their friends and family, joined together at 7:50 a.m. to celebrate all the athletes and their acceptance...

Torr Time: Senioritis Isn’t Easy To Avoid

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Feb 2, 2019

August came around last fall and seniors, you may have told yourself that you are going to avoid "senioritis," a disease characterized by a decline in motivation during your final year of high school or...

Torr Time: Extending The College Football Playoffs

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Dec 6, 2018

The regular season for college football is over, which means that conference championships are right around the corner. Some people love the conference championships because for some teams, it can...

Torr Time: Brain Injuries Could Be Preventing High School Players From Playing Football

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Nov 16, 2018

Throughout the past several years, the number of football players that participate in high school football has continued to decrease. Research has shown that the number of high school football players...

Senior Huck McCollum with his parents in the auditorium on signing day, on Thursday, November 15.

Senior Huck McCollum Officially Becomes A Mountain Lion

Before school on Thursday, November 15, senior Huck McCollum officially signed to continue his academic and lacrosse career at Young Harris College. "The reaction I had (after receiving an offer from Young...

Athlete of the Week: Zakai Anderson

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Nov 13, 2018

Senior Zakai Anderson was awarded with Athlete of the Week for the week of October 15. ¨I was excited to find out I was Athlete of the Week,¨ Anderson said. Anderson has swum for about nine years....

Carpenter up at the free throw line against Landmark Christian School on November, 8.

Athlete of the Week: Bruce Carpenter

Bruce Carpenter, senior on the Chiefs varsity basketball team, was recognized with Athlete of the Week for the week of November 5. This season is Carpenter's third year playing varsity basketball for the...

Hoo? Hoo? It’s Ty Butler “Hoo” Committed To The Owls

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Nov 6, 2018

After attending a college game when he was 12 years old, senior Ty Butler knew he wanted to find a way to play baseball in college and be able to experience the players’ side of those games. Butler,...

Junior Meredith Ashburn enjoys the connection between the team. I love how the team is really close and has a family feel to it, Ashburn said.

Athlete of the Week: Meredith Ashburn

Swim "helps a lot with time management because with swim there is no time to procrastinate," said Ashburn.

Senior Baseball Player Commits to Birmingham Southern College

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Oct 21, 2018

Senior Dakota Rowan has played baseball since he was six years old. He loves the challenge, skill, and technique that baseball requires. Playing in college has crossed his mind from the beginning of his...

Basketball players come together at Twisted Taco for annual media day.

Basketball Media Day 2018

Samantha Cornett, Sports Editor and Kamryn Torr, Editor-in-Chief Oct 21, 2018

The football cheerleaders pump up the student section.

MHS Competitive Cheerleading

Nov 16, 2018

Editor in Chief

Torr Time: The SEC and ACC Are Overhyped

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Oct 8, 2018

College football has returned for yet another amazing season of upsets, blowouts, and of course, people hyping up the SEC and ACC. I understand that some SEC and ACC teams have very good records which...

¨When I got to running, it felt great being able to have tangible results that I could challenge myself upon and set myself apart from other runners. -- Zach Jaeger

Athlete of the Week: Zach Jaeger

Zach Jaeger, senior runner on the Chiefs cross country team, was recognized with Athlete of the Week for the week of September 24. This season is Jaeger´s fourth year running cross country for the Chiefs....

Athlete of the Week: Kaitlyn Patterson

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Sep 18, 2018

Senior Kaitlyn Patterson was awarded Athlete of the Week for the week of September 17. “When I found out I was Athlete of the Week,” Patterson said, “I was surprised and excited!¨ Patterson...

College Football Season Returns

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Aug 31, 2018

College football is finally back this weekend and any fan of college football has been counting down to this weekend since the season ended following The University of Alabama championship win against...

Athlete of the Week Dane Kinamon at Media Day in August 2018.

Athlete of the Week: Dane Kinamon

Aug 30, 2018

Athlete of the Week: Dane Kinamon

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Aug 30, 2018

Dane Kinamon, senior captain quarterback for the Chiefs varsity football team, was recognized with this year’s first Athlete of the Week by football coach Lee Belknap. Kinamon has played football for...

Chiefs about to take the field against Mundys Mill

Varsity Football vs. Mundy’s Mill

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Aug 24, 2018

Senior quarterback Dane Kinamon on the field in pain after a hard hit from the Mundys Mill defense.

Varsity Chiefs Lose Season Opener Against Mundy’s Mill

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Aug 22, 2018

After months of summer workouts and practicing, the high school football season finally kicked off for the Chiefs on Friday, August 17 when they traveled to Lovejoy High School to take on the Mundy's Mill...

Four-Year Varsity Letterman Commits to The University of Alabama

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Aug 21, 2018

Almost 18 years ago, senior Andrew "AP" Pinckney, was born in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. His family later moved to a small town in Georgia called Peachtree City where he would soon find a passion for baseball....

One of the biggest losses that the football team had this season was against Riverwood High School in late August. It was an early game in the season, but the loss 13-52 was not an easy blow.

Varsity Football Attends Fayette County Football Media Day

Kamryn Torr and Samantha Cornett Aug 10, 2018

Fayette County High School hosted the first Fayette County Football Media Day. McIntosh, Fayette County, Our Lady of Mercy, Sandy Creek, Starr’s Mill, and Whitewater all attended. Media Day began at...

Class Of 2019 Participates In Annual Parking Spot Decorating

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Aug 10, 2018

After years and years of hearing about the "chalking of parking spots," the class of 2019 met in the McIntosh parking lot on Sunday night to start off their senior year with something they've heard about...

A SENIORS ONLY! sign is displayed at the end of the History hall before entering the swamp.

Class Officers For The Class Of 2019 Decorate The Senior Swamp

Decorating the hallway of lockers between the English hall and the History hall upstairs before the first day of school has been a tradition through many generations of McIntosh Chiefs. The hallway goes...

McIntosh Seniors (L-R: Connor Koscevic, Ethan Ange, Zach Pina, Luke Henry) enjoying their final student section experience during the whiteout state championship game at Mercer University.

Lady Chiefs and Chiefs Face Defeat After Hard Fight In The State Championship Game

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief May 16, 2018

Both McIntosh varsity soccer teams were able to advance to the state championship on Friday, May 11. The Lady Chiefs advanced to the state championship for the third year in a row and the 14th time in...

Senior Stefan Blain teeing off.

Athlete of the Week: Stefan Blain

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief May 10, 2018

Senior Stefan Blain was awarded with Athlete of the Week for the week of April 16 by the guys’ golf coach, Joe Gaspierik. Blain said, “I was in disbelief when I found out I was Athlete of the Week.” Blain...

Senior Ethan Ange up to bat.

Athlete of the Week: Ethan Ange

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Apr 24, 2018

Senior Ethan Ange was awarded with Athlete of the Week for the week of April 23 by baseball coach David Munoz. When Ange found out that he was Athlete of the Week, he was excited. Ange has played baseball...

Lady Panthers and Lady Chiefs line-up at midfield prior to penalty kicks.

Lady Chiefs Win Annual Battle of the Bubble Game; Chiefs Suffer Loss

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Apr 18, 2018

Both varsity soccer teams traveled approximately 7 miles to take on their county rival, Starr’s Mill, for the annual Battle of the Bubble game on Friday, April 13. This game was also the Battle for the...

Jake Donaldson taking a free kick during one of the home games last year.

Athlete of the Week: Jake Donaldson

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Mar 8, 2018

Senior captain for the Chiefs soccer team and last years Gatorade Player of the Year, Jake Donaldson, was awarded with Athlete of the Week for the week of February 28 by the Chiefs’ soccer coach, Bunky...

Its time to fill out your brackets again, folks!

It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year: March Madness!

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Mar 7, 2018

It is officially March and everyone knows what that means: March Madness is right around the corner. No matter what year it is or what teams qualify to get into the tournament, the teams that play...

McIntosh student athletes came together on Wednesday, February 7 for National Signing Day.

McIntosh Student Athletes Participate In National Signing Day 2018

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Feb 8, 2018

National Signing Day was on Wednesday, February 7. Six McIntosh student athletes and their friends and family joined together in the auditorium to officially sign to continue their athletic careers in...

Some of the senior Lady Chiefs, including Athlete of the Week Emma Whitson (right), on the day of team pictures.

Athlete of the Week: Emma Whitson

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Jan 26, 2018

Senior captain for the Lady Chiefs soccer team, Emma Whitson, was awarded with Athlete of the Week for the week of January 22 by the girls’ soccer coach, Marcia Clark. Whitson said, “I was relieved...

The Chiefs huddles before the start of the Battle of the Bubble.

Chiefs and Lady Chiefs Suffer Losses in Annual Battle of the Bubble

Samantha Cornett, Editor in Chief Jan 24, 2018

Alabama celebrates its National Championship win against Georgia.

Surprise, Surprise: Alabama Finds a Way to Win the National Championship

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Jan 16, 2018

If you watched the national championship game, then you would have seen the domination that Georgia had over Alabama. Well, the domination that they had over Alabama in the first half at least. The Georgia...

During pregame festivities, the Alabama band performed and shaped the Alabama emblem of an A to represent their university.

Students Share Thoughts on the College Football Championship Game

McIntosh students react to the national championship win that the Alabama Crimson Tide had over the Georgia Bulldogs on Monday, January 8. For more on the game, check out Editor Kamryn Torr's opinion on...

Junior Kennedi Miller going up for a shot against the Whitewater Wildcats.

Athlete of the Week: Kennedi Miller

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Jan 10, 2018

Varsity basketball player for the Lady Chiefs, Junior Kennedi Miller, was awarded with Athlete of the Week for the week of January 1st. Kennedi said, “It was an honor that coach decided that I should...

During Starrs Mill free throws, McIntoshs student section sat down and watched as senior green men Jake Ellis and Jacob Salaski tried to distract the free throw shooter by dancing and pretending to give birth.

Varsity Basketball Teams Host Starr’s Mill in Battle of the Bubble

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Dec 11, 2017

McIntosh vs Starr’s Mill, a county rivalry for the ages. The school’s are just 6.5 miles away from each other. Whenever these two schools come together to play one another, the entire school can talk...

Anna Muh goes up for a jump shot.

Athlete of the Week: Anna Muh

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Nov 27, 2017

Junior Anna Muh was awarded with Athlete of the Week for the week of November 8 by the new girls’ basketball coach, Jessica Carlyle. Muh said, “I was pretty surprised when I found out I was Athlete...

Cam Newtons Remarks Sexist and Offensive

Cam Newton’s Remarks Sexist and Offensive

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Oct 24, 2017

Carolina Panthers' quarterback, Cam Newton, recently made a controversial remark to a female reporter, Jourdan Rodrigue, during a press conference after she asked him about a wide receiver route. Newton...

Senior Bradley Ector finished the game against Starrs Mill with 173 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Athlete Of The Week : Senior Bradley Ector

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Oct 17, 2017

Senior running back Bradley Ector was awarded with Athlete of the Week for the week of October 4. Ector said, “When I found out I was athlete of the week, I was shocked because I never thought I would...

Seniors go all out for the rave themed homecoming game against the Riverdale Raiders.

Chiefs ‘Rock the Raiders’ and Win Homecoming Game 27-8

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Oct 4, 2017

After their 27-8 victory over the Riverdale Raiders, The McIntosh football team remains undefeated, with a record of 5-0 and a region record of 1-0. The team faced the Raiders at home on Friday, September...

Athlete Of The Week: Junior Zach Jaeger

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Sep 28, 2017

Junior Zach Jaeger was awarded with Athlete of the Week for the week of September 18. Jaeger said, “When I found out I was athlete of the week, I was excited because it felt great to be recognized for...

Character Day

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Sep 27, 2017

On Wednesday, September 20, journalism students embraced their school spirit by dressing up on Character Day during homecoming week.

Sophomore Kaia Beatty (left) and Lynsey Hamblin (right)

Rock The Raiders

On Thursday, September 21, students showed their school spirit by dressing up rock n' roll during homecoming week.

Senior Jake Donaldson (left) and Junior Erik Malasek (right)

Tacky Day

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief Sep 25, 2017

On Tuesday, September 19, students showed their school spirit by dressing up on Tacky Day during homecoming week.  

Load More Stories
$250
$500

Comments (0)

Online comments that are found in violation of the McIntosh Student Media editorial policy will be removed as quickly as possible.
All McIntosh Trail - The Student News Site of McIntosh High School Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest