Athlete of the Week: Jackson Crow

Senior Jackson Crow was awarded with Athlete of the Week.

Crow began playing tennis when he was seven years old. Throughout the past four years of high school, Crow has been a part of the Chiefs varsity tennis team. One of the aspects of the McIntosh coaching staff that Crow enjoys most is the encouragement they provide to the players.

With this being Crow’s final season playing for the Chiefs, he is going to miss the unity of the team. He compares the team to a family with how close they are to one another. Along with the unity, Crow is looking forward to the finishing his final year as a Chief the best way possible.

“Going into my final season with the Chiefs, the thing I am looking forward to the most is the opportunity to win state and region.”

Athletes go through many learning moments through the process of growing as a player. For Crow, changing private coaches was something that helped step his game up to the next level.

“Changing my private coach from a conservative to a more aggressive coach improved my playing style to a more offensive strategy rather than a defensive strategy.”

His favorite tennis memory happened when he was able to talk his older brother, Jordan, into playing alongside him on the court.

“I talked my brother into playing tennis his senior year,” said Crow. “It was great having him on the team. I’d been watching him play soccer my whole life and it was great having him cheer me on as a teammate.”

There are different aspects of playing sports that athletes learn to take with them into the real world.

“Tennis has helped me build up my self-confidence and trust my instincts on what I think the right shot to win the point, or in life,” said Crow. “Tennis has also taught me that it is ok to take risks even if they do not end up the way you thought they would.”

Crow’s college plans include attending Kennesaw State University and majoring in architecture.

$250
$500