Athlete of the Week: Ethan Ange

Senior+Ethan+Ange+up+to+bat.+
Senior Ethan Ange up to bat.

Senior Ethan Ange up to bat.

Chris Dunn

Chris Dunn

Senior Ethan Ange up to bat.

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief

Senior Ethan Ange was awarded with Athlete of the Week for the week of April 23 by baseball coach David Munoz. When Ange found out that he was Athlete of the Week, he was excited.

Ange has played baseball for 4 years. Ange estimates that he spends at least 14 hours each week either training, practicing, or playing baseball. His most memorable baseball moment happened when he hit a home run in Cooperstown, NY, where the Baseball Hall of Fame is located.

When it comes to this year’s team, Ange enjoys the team as a whole. Ange said, “The team has great chemistry and a lot of talent.”

Baseball has been a big part of Ange’s life for the past 4 years. Throughout this season, Ange has improved on his curveball capabilities.

Ange said, “Baseball keeps me busy and teaches me the importance of being a good teammate.”

With the end of the season on the line, Ange and the Chiefs will travel to Ola High School in McDonough on Thursday, April 26 for the first round of state playoffs.

Ange said, “We are looking to keep our season alive by taking 2 out of 3 games against Ola by being fundamentally sound and jumping on them early.”

Thursday’s game against Ola could potentially be Ange’s final game as a Chief since he’s graduating in May. After 4 years of playing McIntosh baseball, Ange is going to miss his teammates most.

Senior teammate and friend, Connor Koscevic, said, “Ethan is a great teammate. He brings confidence to the team and it’s always nice to know that whatever Dane Kinamon does, Ethan can do better. He hits bombs.”

Ethan Ange was this year’s final Athlete of the Week. Athlete of the Week’s will start back in August.

About the Writer
Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief

Senior Kamryn Torr has been a part of the Trail staff for 4 years. After being a staff writer her freshman year and sports editor her sophomore year, this will be Kamryn’s second year as Editor in Chief for the Trail. Aside from her interest in journalism, Kamryn loves sports. Her passion for sports includes soccer and football. She began playing soccer when she was three years old, but the week before her junior year started, she suffered her third concussion in less than two years and will no longer be playing soccer. Kamryn loves college football, especially Penn State. She is a diehard Penn State fan because both of her parents attended college there. She combines her journalism capabilities and her love for sports into sports writing; Kamryn is often live Tweeting MHS sporting events.