Hoo? Hoo? It’s Ty Butler “Hoo” Committed To The Owls

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief

After attending a college game when he was 12 years old, senior Ty Butler knew he wanted to find a way to play baseball in college and be able to experience the players’ side of those games. Butler, who has played baseball for 12 years, will further his education and baseball career at Kennesaw State University in Kennesaw, Georgia. Butler’s dad, Todd Butler, inspired him to be the best player he can be. “He has taught me everything I know, “Butler said. “I would not be in the position I am today without him.”

Although Kennesaw State is the only school that Butler visited prior to his commitment, he had interests from other school’s throughout the southeast: Georgia Tech University, Auburn University, Davidson College, Stetson University, as well as some Division II and Division III schools. During his commitment process, Butler was visiting Kennesaw State and thought everything through fairly quick and decided to commit the following morning. His expectations going into the Kennesaw State University include starting as a freshman and being the best that he can be.

Butler enjoys the fact Kennesaw State’s coaching staff is driven to help their players improve skills to get them to the next level. The realization of playing college baseball hit Butler soon after his commitment.

“I was very excited and freaked out a little that I might be able to live out my dream of playing Division I baseball,” Butler said, “By attending Kennesaw State, I want to get all my areas [of the game] better. The day you stop getting better is the day someone takes your spot on the team.”

Playing with his teammates and looking up in the stands at the supporting fans are reasons why Butler enjoys playing baseball. Senior teammate Andrew Pinckney said, ¨Ty and I have played together for a long time and he deserves the opportunity to play at the next level.¨

Any athlete thinks about playing at the next level and Butler said, “My hope is to play 3-4 years at KSU and then possibly get drafted.”

Butler and the rest of the Chiefs will begin their 2018-2019 baseball season towards the end of January.