• March 284/1-5 Spring Break
  • March 283/29 Blood Drive
  • March 283/28 Art Show
  • March 273/28 Thespian Variety Show @ 7
  • March 223/29 Track and Field: Friday Night Lights @ 4:30
  • March 223/28 Baseball game against Pike Co @ 6:00

Landon Wilde

Landon Wilde, News Editor

Landon Wilde has been on The Trail staff for three years. Since his first year on staff as a sophomore he has taken many roles such as staff writer, photographer, sports editor, and news editor. He has played baseball for McIntosh for four years. His extensive knowledge of sports allows him to capture great photos on the field/court.

Wilde has been recognized in his ability to be an effective journalist and therefore has taken on the responsibility of being the sports and news editor this year on staff. He has also been noticed by the Peachtree City newspaper The Citizen who used his photographs in an article. His skills with a camera have also been utilized by the McIntosh yearbook staff.

When Landon isn’t on the field taking action shots for his school’s teams, he’s most likely playing on the field himself. His passion for baseball has persisted his whole life and has goals to play collegiate baseball after highschool.

All content by Landon Wilde
Photo by: Shutterstock

McIntosh Baseball – 2022 Varsity Season in Review

Landon Wilde, News Editor Apr 30, 2022

With Summer right around the corner and Spring coming to an end, so do Spring sports. Since the beginning of January, the McIntosh baseball team has worked day in and day out to have the best season they...

Image from Shutterstock

NFTs – What are They? How do They Work?

Landon Wilde, News Editor Mar 31, 2022

Chances are that you've heard of NFTs. They have experienced a surge of popularity in the cryptocurrency community and added a whole other level to how crypto can be consumed by people. “NFT” stands...

Pictured above is the interactive self portraits. 
Photo by: Landon Wilde

McIntosh Art Exhibit – March 31, 5:30-7:00 pm.

Landon Wilde, News Editor Mar 31, 2022

On March 31, from 5:30 to 7:00 pm., the McIntosh art program will be holding an art exhibit to display all of the artwork that students have created this year. The art exhibit will be held in the McIntosh...

Winter Break Sports Coverage – What Happened?

Landon Wilde, News Editor Feb 28, 2022

Between the days of Feb. 14 and Feb. 18 students were not required to attend school due to a scheduled break. Although Winter break halted classes, McIntosh sports were still as active as ever. Baseball,...

Pictured above is the student section during a game against Northgate high school. The theme for this game was western. 
Photo by Tracy Guo

McIntosh – Best Student Section in Georgia?

Landon Wilde, News Editor Feb 28, 2022

The student section at any high school or college game can consist of some of the most die-hard fans. From the Spike Squad at UGA football games to the Green Man at McIntosh basketball games, the student...

Above is a photo of Wendy Mabon and her husband taken just after the UGA Bulldogs won the National Championship. 
Photo credits: Wendy Mabon

Go Dawgs! and Good Luck Beards?

Landon Wilde, News Editor Jan 28, 2022

The University of Georgia, while it is well known for its academics as a respectable four-year college they also have a very successful athletics program. “The University of Georgia ranks second all-time...

The Trail - Print Edition is Available

The Trail – Print Edition is Available

Landon Wilde, News Editor Dec 26, 2021

For over a month the Mcintosh Trail staff has been working hard to produce a print edition newspaper for the McIntosh student body to read. The papers arrived via mail today. Be on the lookout for "Evergreen"...

Above is a screenshot of the welcome page.
Photo by: Landon Wilde

Opinion – New Chromebook Welcome Page is Pointless

Landon Wilde, News Editor Oct 29, 2021

As a result of the most recent update to McIntosh students’ Chromebooks, a new welcome page has been added. Once a student opens up their Chromebook and powers it on, the student will need to log in...

Photo credit: Creative Commons

PSAT Day – What’s Happening? And What are ‘Senior Activities?’

Landon Wilde, News Editor Oct 8, 2021

On Wednesday, Oct. 13, students at McIntosh will be taking the PSAT. Freshmen and sophomores are required to take the PSAT while the juniors are taking the ASVAB. If juniors wished to take the PSAT they...

The McIntosh Chiefs take the field just prior to the beginning of the game.

The Streak Is Over: McIntosh Football Wins the “Fight for 54”

Landon Wilde, News Editor Sep 9, 2021

On Fri Sept. 3, the Mcintosh Chiefs played against the Fayette County Tigers for “The Fight of 54.” The Chiefs were able to hold their lead and claim their first victory of the season. The following...

Photo by Max Lawson

McIntosh v LaGrange Game Recap

Landon Wilde, News Editor Aug 31, 2021

On Fri Aug. 27 the McIntosh Chiefs hosted the Lagrange Grangers. Originally, McIntosh was scheduled to play Hampton High School. “I just received official word that the game against Hampton this Friday...

Landon Wilde is pictured here working from home.

Impact of Quarantine on Students: Landon Wilde’s Personal Accounts

Landon Wilde, News Editor Aug 31, 2021

COVID-19 has impacted the world. Businesses have shut down. People are forced to quarantine. Schools have had to adapt to a safer way to teach students. As a result of schools having to take precautions...

Image is taken from Maxpreps, a CBS Sports website.  
https://www.maxpreps.com/

Football Last Minute Schedule Change

Landon Wilde, News Editor Aug 24, 2021

On Mon Aug. 23 news reached the student body that Hampton High School had withdrawn from the game on Fri Aug. 27. Information concerning this sudden change was released by Head Coach Lee Belknap. "I just...

Photo credit: Fayette County Board of Education

J.C. Booth Latest Updates and Information

Landon Wilde, News Editor May 6, 2021

J.C. Booth Middle School was built in 1979 and the inside of the middle school is proof of its age. FCBOE has been under pressure to renovate or build a new middle school to replace Booth. After much discussion...

Why the New Georgia Voting Law Isnt Racist at All

Why the New Georgia Voting Law Isn’t Racist at All

Landon Wilde, News Editor Apr 30, 2021

There has been a lot of controversy over the recent Georgia voting law. Some people say it is racist and creates restrictions that keep African Americans from voting. Others say it's unbiased and fair. The...

Lane stands for the pledge during one of McIntoshs football games in 2020.

Lane Announces His Retirement

Emily Rockey, Staff Writer Apr 29, 2021

Lane stands for the pledge during one of McIntosh's football games in 2020.

The McIntosh Trial 2021

The McIntosh Trial of 2021 is here with a special twist! There is a hidden message inside one of the stories. Students who find the message will be entered into a draw for a $15 Chick-fil-A gift card....

Prom - Where is it? Why is it so Expensive?

Prom – Where is it? Why is it so Expensive?

Landon Wilde, News Editor Mar 31, 2021

As most students may know the 2021 McIntosh prom is just around the corner. However, Just like almost every other event this year, prom will be a little different due to the global pandemic we are facing....

This image was using the app Canva. Photo credits: Landon Wilde and Zara Morgan

A Teen’s Guide to Employment and Sports

Zara Morgan and Landon Wilde Mar 11, 2021

At McIntosh we see many students that partake in jobs, sports, neither or both. The real question though is which is better? If someone was trying to decide between the two, which one should they decide...

Valentines Day Restrictions

Valentine’s Day Restrictions

Landon Wilde, News Editor Feb 12, 2021

Valentine's Day is the time to tell the people you care about how much they mean to you. Oftentimes this includes getting your loved one flowers, balloons, or maybe a box of chocolates. However, here at...

This is what the hallways look like on the yellow schedule. There are many people, but not as much. Soon, hallways will be packed when we go back to green.

Student Body Yay or Nay About Green Schedule?

Jordyn Mobley, Yunju Lee, and Landon Wilde Feb 2, 2021

On Wednesday, Feb. 3, FCBOE will be going back to the green schedule. FCBOE ran on a hybrid schedule since Jan. 15. Brick-and-mortar students were split back into their A and B groups, alternating between...

Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)

Landon Wilde, News Editor Feb 1, 2021

Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is described as recurring episodes of depression that are caused by a change in the season. Most cases occur during the winter seasons although it is not limited to. SAD...

PSAT Test Day Update

PSAT Test Day Update

Landon Wilde, News Editor Jan 25, 2021

Freshman, sophomores and juniors who signed up for the PSAT are scheduled to take it on Jan. 26. An email was sent out to all students regarding the schedule for the testing day and some instructions for...

Trump Makes History by Being the Only President To Ever Be Impeached Twice

Landon Wilde, Jordyn Mobley, and Yunju Lee Jan 19, 2021

On Jan. 13, 2021, President Donald Trump made history by being the first president to ever be impeached twice. Trump was impeached the first time back in December of 2018 for “abuse of power and obstruction...

A screenshot of FCBOEs weekly COVID-19 report

Credits: FCBOE website

Operational Schedule Update

Landon Wilde, News Editor Jan 15, 2021

Brick and mortar or virtual learning? Synchronous or asynchronous? Green, yellow or red schedule? Students this year have had to adapt to changing learning environments. An email was sent to all students...

Effects of COVID-19 on Students

Landon Wilde, News Editor Dec 14, 2020

COVID-19 has affected everyone in one way or another. Everyone had to quarantine, a mask is now a part of people’s everyday outfit, and the world has adapted to a more virtual lifestyle. This global...

An image to the exam schedule that was releases by the Chiefs Connection

New Exam Exemption Process

Landon Wilde, News Editor Dec 8, 2020

With the introduction of the new hybrid learning schedule at McIntosh, the exam exemption process has changed. In years past, exam exemptions were done through forms sent home with students to be filled...

Georgia Runoff Election: What Is It? Why Is It So Important?

Landon Wilde, News Editor Dec 3, 2020

The presidential election has concluded however the election season has not yet ended. Georgia’s senate race has been prolonged into a runoff election. The runoff election will be held on the fifth of...

BREAKING: McIntosh on Hybrid Schedule

Landon Wilde, News Editor Dec 2, 2020

Today McIntosh released an announcement about the new instructional format. The following statement was sent to students to inform them of this change: Due to the number of positive COVID-19 cases and...

Exam Exemption Criteria

Landon Wilde, News Editor Nov 23, 2020

Final exams for this semester will begin in December and it's time for students to start preparing. The schedule for the exams was released through the “Chiefs Connection” in an email sent to all students...

Feature Story – Deanna Simmons McIntosh’s New Athletic Trainer

Landon Wilde, News Editor Oct 30, 2020

McIntosh has recently hired a new athletic trainer, Deanna Simmons. After working with the football and basketball team some athletes have gotten to know her and all they have to say is positive. “I...

Homecoming Week Activities

Homecoming Week Activities

Landon Wilde, News Editor Oct 26, 2020

Homecoming week starts next week and the McIntosh staff has planned a week full of spirit days and activities. Here is a list of the activities by day. Monday 10/26: Theme- Meme Day Activity- Door...

Photo by FCBOE

McIntosh Switching to Green Schedule

Landon Wilde, News Editor Sep 30, 2020

The Fayette County Board of Education has developed a plan to slowly start allowing students to take classes in person five days a week. This brick and mortar, Monday through Friday education plan was...

A screenshot of the latest COVID-19 report published by FCBOE

Is McIntosh Going Green?

Landon Wilde, News Editor Sep 18, 2020

Students have been in school for five weeks now on a hybrid schedule. This schedule consists of half the students being at McIntosh on Monday and Tuesday and the other half being in person on Thursday...

Covid-19 Threatens to Impact Next Years Football Season

Covid-19 Threatens to Impact Next Year’s Football Season

Landon Wilde, News Editor Apr 30, 2020

Covid-19 has affected so many events related to sports. The NBA has suspended it’s season indefinitely. The MLB has canceled spring training and the season is postponed indefinitely. The NFL draft was...

Spring Break Plans Cancelled Due to Covid-19

Landon Wilde, News Editor Mar 30, 2020

Due to COVID-19, schools have been closed, workers are being laid off, people are advised to stay at home and not come in contact with people less than six feet away. Now the Coronavirus threatens another...

Impact of Coronavirsus Suspending Sports: Whats the Effect on Student Athletes?

Impact of Coronavirsus Suspending Sports: What’s the Effect on Student Athletes?

Landon Wilde and Jackson Johnson Mar 19, 2020

Due to the Coronavirus, school has been canceled until April 1 and in addition to school, GHSA has also suspended all sports for the next two weeks. “Fayette County Public Schools will remain closed...

Junior, Porter Frank leads the team out of the locker room to take the field at game time.

Photo gallery 3/13

Feb 14, 2020

Gavin Proffitt competing during a match against at Starrs Mill wrestler 

Photo taken by Grant White

Wrestlers compete at state championship

Landon Wilde, News Editor Feb 26, 2020

On Sunday, Feb. 16 the state wrestling tournament was held and four McIntosh wrestlers qualified to compete. Jacob Tripp, Chase Nerenberg, Gavin Proffitt, and Jake Eulenfield represented McIntosh at the...

Popular backpacks such as these are used despite the no backpack policy.

OPINON: No Backpack Policy is not Effective

Landon Wilde, News Editor Feb 6, 2020

When school shootings started to occur more frequently in American schools, policies were put into place to protect students. Rules such as no backpacks or trenchcoats are some of these policies. McIntosh...

Spring Season Tryouts are Underway

Jackson Johnson and Landon Wilde Jan 21, 2020

The spring season is just around the corner as well as the sports played in them. Tryouts for baseball and soccer were held this week and teams will be finalized soon. Boys soccer tryouts are being...

Drone strike against Gen. Soleimani and the retaliation

Landon Wilde, News Editor Jan 13, 2020

After a U.S. drone strike left General Soleimani dead at an airport in Baghdad on Jan. 3, the Iranian supreme leader vowed “severe revenge” in retaliation. The attack on Gen. Soleimani was carried...

The Struggle of Studying for Finals

The Struggle of Studying for Finals

Landon Wilde and Jackson Johnson Dec 15, 2019

The semester is coming to an end which means finals week is coming up and students need to prepare. Preparation is essential to achieve a good grade on the exams and with the new seven-period day, some...

Opinion: Why Violence Over the Popeyes Sandwich is Senseless

Landon Wilde, News Editor Nov 22, 2019

The Popeyes chicken sandwich is notorious for all the wrong reasons. The release of the sandwich as a new menu item has been in the spotlight of social media and news organization not for its rivalry against...

Beware of Your Golf Cart Battery

Beware of Your Golf Cart Battery

Landon Wilde, News Editor Nov 21, 2019

If you look into the garage of a house in Peachtree City, it is likely you will find a golf cart parked there. With a 90 mile network of cart paths, golf carts are used in Peachtree City almost as effectively...

OPINION: Why the Tomahawk Chop isn’t Offensive

Landon Wilde, News Editor Nov 8, 2019

As a lifelong Braves fan, I can remember going to Turner Field as a kid with my family and experiencing a Braves game in person. The atmosphere of the stadium is what made the experience so special. The...

Chief News Outreach

Nakia Harmon    International   On Oct. 16, Tanzania’s Supreme Court of Appeal confirmed an earlier ruling involving the banning of parents from marrying off their daughters from...

Students in Bealls class working on the festival

Annual Fall Festival Returns to Give Back the the Community

Landon Wilde, News Editor Oct 25, 2019

Fall is here and with it, McIntosh is hosting the annual Fall Festival for elementary age students. On Saturday, Oct. 26 in the McIntosh courtyard there will games, food, fun, and the satisfaction...

Room number being placed on a window

Eagle Scout Project Increases School Safety

Landon Wilde, News Editor Oct 22, 2019

The issue of school safety has been in the spotlight of media and individuals all around America. Changes have been made in schools across the nation to make students feel more safe and secure during school...

Chief News Outreach

Adelaide Barrett and Landon Wilde Oct 22, 2019

National    Adelaide Barrett   Amidst California’s ongoing wildfire crisis, the Pacific Gas and Electric Co. has announced plans for a Public Safety Power Shut Off. As a preemptive...

Senior posing for photos with family

Volleyball Celebrates Senior Night

Landon Wilde, News Editor Oct 9, 2019

Senior night is a night that McIntosh conducts for each sport that recognizes the senior competitors. Tuesday, Oct. 1 the varsity volleyball team held their annual senior night. The McIntosh Chiefs defeated...

Freshmen winners John Paul Uzochukwu and Claire Lankford posing for photos after winning

Homecoming Week Concludes After Many Preparations

Landon Wilde and Max Lawson Oct 4, 2019

Homecoming has been a long-lasting tradition for high schools and colleges for a long time. A lot of events form the homecoming experience. Students enjoy participating in spirit week, watching the parade,...

Standing Out from Yearbooks in the Past

Landon Wilde, News Editor Oct 3, 2019

Imagine looking back at your high school self twenty years from now while memories that had long escaped your mind come flooding back. Yearbooks are almost like time capsules in that way. Almost every...

Abby Rauch mid jump at one of her horse shows.

Abby Rauch Jumping with Joy at Horse Show

Landon Wilde, News Editor Sep 6, 2019

Sports can provide amazing opportunities, and it is every athlete’s dream to reach the next level of competition. For Abby Rauch that is exactly what happened.  Abby Rauch, a sophomore, is...

The McIntosh Aeronautics team poses atop the championship podium after receiving their trophy and prize check.

McIntosh Aeronautics Flying High

Zack Stone and Landon Wilde Aug 29, 2019

The McIntosh Aeronautics Organization competed in Muncie, Indiana for the chance to be national champions and win $2500. For the third consecutive year, the Chiefs brought home the victory.  Joe Metzler,...

Load More Stories
$250
$500