McIntosh Art Exhibit – March 31, 5:30-7:00 pm.

Pictured+above+is+the+interactive+self+portraits.+%0APhoto+by%3A+Landon+Wilde+

Pictured above is the interactive self portraits. Photo by: Landon Wilde

Landon Wilde, News Editor

On March 31, from 5:30 to 7:00 pm., the McIntosh art program will be holding an art exhibit to display all of the artwork that students have created this year. The art exhibit will be held in the McIntosh library with several accommodations.

“We’re going to have, not wine, but sparkling grape juice and cheese and chocolate… the school jazz band is going to play around the corner. There is an interactive piece of art where everyone that comes can do their own self portrait to show that they came to the art show,” Carisa Green said, the art teacher here at McIntosh.

At the exhibit you can expect to see plenty of work from the student body here at McIntosh. “All of my students were allowed to submit at least two pieces of art. My AP art kids and my advanced kids were allowed to submit more… It was submitted by them giving me what they think is their best piece,” Green said.

The work that will be on display will mostly be assignments they were given throughout the year. However there will also be plenty of variety to keep people interested. “If students prefer to submit something from their sketchbook that was their personal art. They’re welcome to do so,” said Green.

Green’s goal for this exhibit is to provide students with a place to showcase their work. Her hopes are that this will encourage students to stay engaged with art as a form of stress relief and therapy.

“I just hope everyone comes out and has a good time. I want it to be interactive. There’s a few pieces of art that will say “Please do not touch” but I want people to be able to create art while they are here and have a good time,” Green said. “My purpose for teaching art is for its therapeutic purposes. I don’t teach art so that people go have an art career… My hope is that my students will walk away with a tool they can use for the rest of their life as a therapeutic tool.”