• April 224/25 Track and Field: Region 2-5A Championship @ 9:00 am
  • April 224/22-24 Boys Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 224/25-27 Spring Gala

Support Us
$350
$500

Keep calm and LAX on

Information regarding the upcoming lacrosse tryouts
Rebekah Bushmire
Graphic Illustration via Canva

Students interested in participating in women’s lacrosse this year are invited to a “meet the coaches” and parent information meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 8 at 6pm in the senior cafeteria.  In order to try out for the team, a physical must be completed and uploaded to PRIVIT by Dec. 15. Interested students should also complete a google form

Something that can be helpful to prepare for tryouts is reaching out to lacrosse players for advice. Vanessa Hausner (9), particpated in MHS lacrosse as a J.C. Booth eighth grader.

Hausner says that being part of the team helped her “bond more with people.” Hausner says that some ways to prepare for tryouts can be practicing independently, such as doing wall ball, which is a way to practice passing and catching the ball by throwing the ball at a wall and having it bounce back so you can catch it. “Definitely working on stick skills.” Potential players should start conditioning by going on runs or jogs as running is a big part of lacrosse. Hausner suggests “definitely working on stick skills” as a priority.

Interested students can pick up a copy of the physical packet from the Athletic Department or print a copy from the athletic website, www.mcintoshathletics.com. Any questions or concerns about tryouts, please contact Athletic Director Leon Hammond.

$350
$500