Chiefs Carry on as Lacrosse Season Ends

Austyn Evans, Staff Writer

The Chiefs Lacrosse team had their first game February second. It was a scrimmage against Newnan High School the outcome was a win 16 to 4. From that point on, the team had mixed results for each game. The team often ended each game with a small point difference — whether it was a win or a loss. The Chiefs are losing three seniors who have been on the team since their freshman year.

Senior Colton Hayes, who was 2018 All-County First team Defense, will be continuing his academic and lacrosse career at Oberlin College. Oberlin College is a Division III private school in Oberlin, Ohio. They are apart of the North Coast Athletic Conference. “I am so excited to graduate and continuing my lacrosse career at Oberlin College,” said senior Colton Hayes. “Lacrosse has been a part of my life for so long I am excited to play college level lacrosse.”

Senior Huck McCollum, was a 2019 captain for the McIntosh Lacrosse team. Huck will be continuing his academic and lacrosse career at Young Harris College. Young Harris College is a Division II private school in the Northeastern mountains in Georgia. “I am so thankful to be continuing my lacrosse career at a college level,” said senior Huck McCollum. “It has been a dream of mine to play college lacrosse for my whole life and I am so proud that it has come true.”

Senior Logan Sandal, was a 2019 captain for the Chiefs Lacrosse team. Logan is going to Kennesaw State University. Logan will not be playing lacrosse in college. “I am sad about not playing lacrosse in college,” said senior Logan Sandal. “Although, I am excited about just going to school and having fun with friends.”

Even though the Chiefs did not win state, some of the seniors will be continuing their lacrosse careers in college.