• April 184/20 Prom... click for more...
  • April 154/15-18 Boys Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 154/15-18 Girls Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 154/19 Baseball game @ Harris Co @ 6:00
  • April 154/18 Baseball game against Harris Co @ 6:00

Support Us
$250
$500

Top 10 apps of 2012 announced

This year, with the release of the new iPhone and the new Android Google Play Store, more people have been updated to new technologies.

With these technologies comes the use of new apps, which can do anything from entertaining it’s user with games to messaging and more. In the year 2012, app downloads skyrocketed. Below are 2012’s 10 most popular apps.

Be sure to leave a comment and tell us your favorite apps of the year.

“Pandora” is one of the top apps of the year with more than 1 million downloads on the Android app store alone.

“Angry Birds” is a top app of the year because it has been popular for so long and has released so many different versions of the original game.

“Draw Something” may not be as popular as it was at the beginning of the year, but it has still made a huge impact this year with more than 1 million downloads.

“Snapchat” is an app that is continuing to grow. With new updates practically every day and millions of people having already downloaded the app, this is sure to be an app to remember. It’s current update even allows users to shoot videos of themselves.

“Instagram” has grown to the peak of it’s popularity. Millions of users use the app every day to display their favorite images, or at least  what they can squeeze into the camera’s small square shape. The app also allows users to alter photograph’s appearances with different filter options.

“Kik Messenger” is a new way to talk to people from all over the world. It allows users to talk to friends and strangers and even send pictures.

“Skype” is an app that has adapted with new versions of phones. It allows users to communicate using video. It is one of the more popular with about 2 million uses around the world every day.

“Pinterest” is an app that was created from the popularity of it’s website. It allows it’s users to explore ideas using pictures and links. It’s core audience is women.

“Temple Run” is a simple game that began to form it’s now massive audience at the beginning of the year. It is a simple game where the gamer controls a running man and collects points to reach a higher goal. The game is known for having users reach point levels in the high thousands.

“Facebook” is the final and most popular app of the year. The app connects people to their Facebook profiles and allows them to use the website at their convenience.

$250
$500