Breaking News
  • April 295/2 SENIORS: cap and gown, honor cord and tassel pick up @ lunch
  • April 295/4 Track and Field: 5A Sectional Championship
  • April 294/29-30 Girls Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 295/1-6 Girls Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 295/1-6 Boys Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 294/29-30 Boys Tennis: State Tournament
Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

McIntosh Trail - The Student News Site of McIntosh High School

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Support Us
$350
$500

Your donation supports the student journalists of McIntosh High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase photography equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Student Athlete of the Week – October 29, 2012

Senior Brian White is the Student Athlete of the Week for the week of October 29, 2012.

Brian plays as a wide receiver on the McIntosh varsity football team. However, his football career started in middle school at J.C. Booth when he played in both 7th and 8th grade. Since then, he has played four consecutive years here at McIntosh.

Balancing school and athletics is always a challenge for athletes. Brian said, “I take advantage of all the free time in school to get work done,” but he said he has the occasional late night.

When asked about who has influenced his football career the most, Brian said Coach Munoz from J.C. Booth. He said, “[He] has influenced my football career the most because going into high school, I was not sure if I wanted to play football or focus on baseball, but he told me to at least try football for one season, and now I don’t know what I would do without football.”

Brian is very much a fan of the coaching staff at McIntosh. He said, “All of the coaches have taught me the importance of hard work and dedication in everything I do.” Brian said that the “Win the Day” motto from Coach Belknap applies not only to his football career, but also to all aspects of his life.

Brain said that his favorite football season has been this season. “The team is actually a brotherhood, which is the driving force behind our success. It has already been a special year, and we still have a lot of football left to be played,” he said.

Brain said that his favorite memory was when McIntosh defeated Starr’s Mill. He said, “Beating Starr’s Mill was probably the greatest moment of my life. The whole team played awesome, and I had a pretty big too; it was really special.” The football team’s win over Starr’s Mill was the first one in school history. After the game, students stormed the field to congratulate their football team.

Looking into the future, Brian said he plans to attend either the University of Georgia or Georgia College and State University. He said he would like to major in agribusiness or marketing, and his dream job would be the President of the United States. Brian said, “I think that would be pretty cool.” He said he would like to stay in the south and that he never wants to live north of the Mason-Dixon line.

$350
$500