• April 295/2 SENIORS: cap and gown, honor cord and tassel pick up @ lunch
  • April 295/4 Track and Field: 5A Sectional Championship
  • April 294/29-30 Girls Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 295/1-6 Girls Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 295/1-6 Boys Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 294/29-30 Boys Tennis: State Tournament

2024 Men’s College Championship

Purdue Vs Uconn for the NCAA Trophy

The 2024 men’s March Madness championship game occurred on April 8, 2024 with the number 1 seed Purdue Boilermakers versus the number 1 seed Connecticut Huskies. The beginning of the game was very close with both teams going back and forth with having the lead.

Nine minutes into the game the Purdue’s center Zach Edey was getting very tired, with him being a big part to why Purdue was winning most of their games for him to be already tired is a big problem, the main reason why he was tired was because in the last two games before the championship he had only rested for 33 seconds.

In the second half, Uconn used this to their advantage by shooting threes, throwing lobs and having many fastbreaks. By taking the lead by 14 points, Uconn kept applying pressure to Purdue by playing good defense and even better offense.

Even though Zach Edey played a good game scoring 37 points and 10 rebounds,the Huskies limited Zach Edey from having much of an impact early in the second half while their offense overpowered Purdue, with going to the rim or making 3-pointers at crucial moments. Towards the end of the game Uconn starting gain a big lead by 13 and starting running out the clock to beat Purdue by 15 points.

With this win Uconn is the first team to win back to back National championships since the 2006 and 2007 University of Florida.In my opinion the main reason why Purdue lost is because they dependent on their center Zach Edey a little too much, even though he is a great player Purdue needed other players on the team to step up and make big plays.

Another reason I think they lost is because of the them only attempting only 6 3-pointers and only making 1 compared to Uconn’s 22 attempted 3-pointers and making 6. Also Purdue had nine turnovers that could easily be avoided and they happened in crucial moments. Even with the blowout the game was very entertaining to watch with both teams being very competitive and talented.