• April 224/25 Track and Field: Region 2-5A Championship @ 9:00 am
  • April 224/22-24 Boys Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 224/25-27 Spring Gala

Support Us
$350
$500

Back In Fashion

Mcintosh Senior Chloe Davis is going to the Junk Kouture for the second year in a row with her partner Cianna Ricci which is going for the first time.
Chloe Davis

Seniors Chloe Davis and Cianna Ricci are preparing for the Junk Kouture finals in Monaco February 22 in 2024. The Junk Kouture is a competition where designers make dresses out of recyclables.

“Our competition was rescheduled [from October 2023] to February of 2024 as well as a location change [from London],” Davis said.

Davis’s dress was made of two things: her creativity and recyclables such as plastic bottles, wires, green fabric and glass. Even though they knew exactly how to do their design they still went through struggles to get it done. 

“The biggest challenge that we faced was definitely the time, like how long everything’s going to take and like our supplies, and cutting up everything is very strategic,” Davis said. 

Both Davis and Ricci learned a new skill neither of them knew before they went into the competition just to make the dress.

“We both did not know how to sew. So, we had to learn how to sew,” Ricci said. 

Neither of the women had a long time period to work on the dress, so the process of making the dress was difficult due to the time crunch.

“The [original] timeframe that we had was a month. We had at least two months to really plan our idea out and then collect all those materials,” Davis said.

Davis wanted to base her dress off of a strong character that is a woman, because that is something she supports herself.

“Poison Ivy just defines feminism and women empowerment. So really, we’re basing design on how powerful women can protect those around them and help them from any danger or threat so you base that around a design. Also to represent how mothers protect their kids from danger and threat,” Davis said.

Davis hopes to pursue fashion design and modeling as a future career. Both Davis and Ricci think that Junk Kouture would be an opportunity to prepare her for the future in this field of work.

“I’m just going to use this as an opportunity to show what we can do and what I want to do in life,” Davis said.

$350
$500