From handwriting to handcuffs; from books to a badge

Officer Thomas Conover joins McIntosh as the new school resource officer
Officer Thomas Conover is the new SRO for the 2023-2024 school year.
Caroline Franklin

School Resource Officer Thomas Conover has one of the most important roles at McIntosh. It’s Conover’s first year being SRO for McIntosh.

Conover wasn’t always a police officer.

I actually used to be a teacher before I started into the police force,” Conover said. 

As a SRO and a former teacher, he has experienced two different aspects of a school.

“It’s good to get back into the school to interact with students and try to help them the best way I can,” Conover said.

Although he is a new SRO, he doesn’t have many big changes planned for the school. 

“I don’t know if there’s a lot of changes, the SROs that we had here before have done a really good job. So, I’m just kind of trying to build on what they’ve already had set up and have going here,” Conover said.

Conover replaced SRO Brandon Weathersby at the end of last school year; Weathersby returned to regular duty with PTCPD.

$350
$500

Your donation supports the student journalists of McIntosh High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase photography equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Kaden Johnson
Kaden Johnson, Staff
Kaden Johnson is a sophomore and a first year on the McIntosh Trail staff. Johnson has no experience in journalism but he wants to learn and be comfortable with a camera. He enjoys history skating, going out with friends and working out. He also enjoys nature. Most of the time he will be hanging out with friends. He cares about his family and friends. He wants to be good with a camera and wants to graduate from Oregon University. His dream job is to work for natural geographic.
$350
$500