Breaking News
  • April 224/25 Track and Field: Region 2-5A Championship @ 9:00 am
  • April 224/22-24 Boys Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 224/25-27 Spring Gala
Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

McIntosh Trail - The Student News Site of McIntosh High School

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Support Us
$250
$500

Your donation supports the student journalists of McIntosh High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase photography equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Justin Strickland Appointed Peachtree City’s Interim City Manager

Lauryn Chambers/City of Peachtree City

In a press release from Public Communications Specialist André Walker, the City Council has announced Justin Strickland as the interim city manager. Read the full statement below:

The City Council of Peachtree City has appointed Justin Strickland as the interim city manager during a special called council meeting held on Thursday morning. Strickland, currently serving as the assistant city manager, emphasized continuity in city operations after the vote, while also expressing gratitude to outgoing City Manager Bob Curnow for his leadership.

“We embraced uncompromised excellence during Bob’s tenure,” Strickland said, “and that’s something city staff aims for every day.”

Curnow’s last day as city manager will be April 21. Curnow and Strickland are working together for a seamless transition that maintains the City Council’s priorities, which include facilities maintenance, infrastructure investments, and economic development.

“The progress we made under Bob Curnow will continue with Justin,” Mayor Kim Learnard said. “The City Council and I look forward to working closely with Justin to enhance Peachtree City’s quality of life for all its residents.”

About Peachtree City:

Located 22 miles south of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Peachtree City is Fayette County’s largest city. The planned community, chartered in 1959, boasts more than 100 miles of multi-use paths that allow over 34,000 residents to navigate the town using golf carts instead of cars.