Support Us
$350
$500

McIntosh awarded fourth “School of Excellence” title

State Superintendent Dr. John Barge presents Ms. Lisa Fine with the star-shaped trophy, a symbol of the student’s academic excellence.

On September 3, McIntosh High School was once again given an accolade for “winning the day.” Visited by State Superintendent Dr. John Barge, FCBOE Superintendent Dr. Joseph Barrow, FCBOE Chair Ms. Marion Key, FCBOE member Leonard Presberg and other members of the FCBOE and GBOE board, McIntosh High School was presented with its fourth award for Georgia School of Excellence and a $1,000 check. McIntosh was nominated in our Congressional District under the category of highest progress, meaning McIntosh made the most progress on the College and Career-Ready Performance Index, the new scale for how the GBOE measures progress in schools. Students and staff of McIntosh were thanked by our county and state dignitaries for helping to make and maintain the level of excellence that is highly looked upon as a model for other high schools in the state of Georgia.

State Superintendent Dr. John Barge opens the ceremony by speaking on how important a quality education is, especially in poor economic times such as these we face now.

From Left to Right: State Superintendent Dr. John Barge, FCBOE Superintendent Dr. Joseph Barrow, FCBOE member Leonard Presberg, FCBOE Chair Marion Key and MHS Principal Lisa Fine
Principal Lisa Fine receives a $1,000 check to help support funding in the school.
Ms. Fine opens the celebration assembly by stating how we, as Chiefs, win the day- from athletics and academics to extracurricular activities in the community. Fine stated, "It is a great day to be a McIntosh Chief."
Ms. Fine states in the  the celebration assembly that we, as Chiefs, win the day- from athletics and academics to extracurricular activities in the community. Fine stated, “It is a great day to be a McIntosh Chief.”
State Superintendent Dr. John Barge presents Ms. Lisa Fine with the star-shaped trophy, a symbol of the student's academic excellence.

$350
$500