REVIEW: Underdressed at the Symphony

Faye Webster’s newest album is worth listening to
Underdressed at the Symphony playing from album Underdressed at the Symphony on Apple Music.
“Underdressed at the Symphony” playing from album “Underdressed at the Symphony” on Apple Music.
Ashley Nip

Faye Webster, 26-year-old American singer-songwriter, dropped her fifth album on March 1, 2024. It is called “Underdressed at the Symphony.” According to Apple Music, Faye Webster said that the album was written and recorded coming off a breakup. The album features artist Lil Yachty in the song “Lego Ring.” There are a total of 10 songs and it is 37 minutes long. She recently blew up on TikTok with people using her songs as an audio for their videos, about four months ago, which has made the amount of monthly listeners go way up. 

Underdressed at the Symphony
Track 1 - "Thinking About You"
Track 2 - "But Not Kiss"
Track 3 - "Wanna Quit All The Time"
Track 4 - "Lego Ring" (ft. Lil Yachty)
Track 5 - "Feeling Good Today"
Track 6 - "Lifetime"
Track 7 - "He Loves Me Yeah!"
Track 8 - "eBay Purchase History"
Track 9 - "Underdressed at the Symphony"
Track 10 - "Tttttime"

My favorite song from this album is “Thinking About You.” It reminds me of one of my favorite songs from her, “I Know You,” because the beat and the way it makes me feel is similar. It is the longest song in the album at 6:36. The way she repeats the words “thinking about you” is almost the same as when she repetitively says “I know,” in the song “I Know You.” I think she should drop the upbeat melody in some of the songs and stick with the calm/sad vibe in her songs because of her soft voice. The lyrics in her songs are generally very sad however the melody makes it relaxing which is something I really like. The theme of her albums are alike, mainly talking about the person she has taken an interest in.

My overall opinion on the whole album is that it is okay, I don’t like the lyrics or beat in some of the songs. If you like Faye, try listening to artists Beabadoobee, Laufey, PinkPantheress, Clairo or Phoebe Bridgers. PinkPantheress and Clairo’s songs are more positive and upbeat than the others but still give off the same energy. I like all of these artists and I think it is because the music they make are pretty similar. 

$250
$500

Ashley Nip
Ashley Nip, Staff
Ashley Nip is new to journalism this year. She has been living in Peachtree City her whole life but she wants to travel more. So far, she has been to North Carolina, Minnesota and Chicago. She made the honor roll in 7th grade. She currently works at Chin Chin. Nip has plans to play volleyball. Nip also has an addiction to shopping and skincare.
$250
$500