Breaking News
  • April 224/25 Track and Field: Region 2-5A Championship @ 9:00 am
  • April 224/22-24 Boys Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 224/25-27 Spring Gala
Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

McIntosh Trail - The Student News Site of McIntosh High School

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Support Us
$350
$500

Your donation supports the student journalists of McIntosh High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase photography equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

McIntosh respects Sandy Hook Elementary’s losses

On Friday in Newtown, Connecticut, a shooter visited an elementary school, killing a total of 26 innocent people.  Among these 26, twenty were kindergartners.  The remaining six were teachers, the school principal and the shooter’s mother.

Today, McIntosh held a moment of silence in order to pay our respects for the lives that were lost on Friday.  Several students also wore green and white, the school colors of Sandy Hook Elementary, in order to pay homage to the many lives lost.  McIntosh also performed a code red drill to educate students about protocol during a threat  inside the building.

Although much of the country is united for this cause, human nature has caused yet another controversy to arise.  Should the government ban all weapon use period, or should the staff of businesses and schools be both armed and trained in order to prevent future attacks?

Many Americans believe that in order to keep people safe, all weapons should be banned.  However, in the past, has this worked? All schools, along with other public places like movie theaters,  already have signs that prohibit weapons on the premises.

Ultimately, no matter what rules and regulations that are put in place, people will get killed.  The question is, however, what action can Americans take to lessen the death toll.

Two of the twenty funerals will be held today for the victims of the shooting.

McIntosh students wear the school colors of Sandy Hook Elementary.

$350
$500