Recent clown sightings frighten McIntosh students

Although many people do fear clowns, the clown pictured above helps to educate children about fire safety. People with face paint and masks make it hard to determine what their intentions are, so students at McIntosh were not allowed to dress up as clowns during spirit week to ensure that the danger of nearby clowns would not be an issue at school.

Greenvile, NC: Educational Clown Team

Caroline Chang, Staff Writer

A phenomenon of clown sightings has recently broken out around the country. These clowns have been seen in the woods trying to entice children toward them. Sightings in Georgia, South Carolina, and Alabama have caused McIntosh to take precautions. With the opportunity to dress up in costume during Homecoming Week, McIntosh mandated that students may not dress up as clowns as it could cause fear throughout the student body.

Senior Brandon Ben-Hanania said, “I was surprised to hear about all the clowns. I can’t believe they are so close to us and that they haven’t been caught and forced to leave yet, but I hope the problem ends soon.”

Sophomore Alissa Dannehl said, “I really don’t like that the clowns are so nearby. However, I’m not scared of them. As long as they don’t come near me, I’ll be fine.”