McIntosh Basketball Celebrates Senior Night

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior manager Nelson White hugs mother after being recognized for four years of assisting the basketball program.

Sylvie Call

Sylvie Call

Sylvie Call

Andrew Pinckney, Staff Writer

On Fri. Feb. 1, senior night took place for the McIntosh basketball program, and the ceremony was held in between the girls’ and boys’ games. Each senior was escorted down the court with their parents and family members while an announcer listed their high school accomplishments, both academic and athletic.

“It felt kind of weird because I had seen all of my previous teammates walk on their senior nights, and so for it to finally be my senior night, it was surreal,” sais Anna Muh.

The senior Lady Chiefs that walked on Friday included Kennedi Miller, Rylee Calhoun and Anna Muh.

The six senior Chiefs that walked included Daniel Ogle, Keenan Brown, Bruce Carpenter, Naj Ashley-Emory, Alex Stowman, Wyatt Patton and four-year manager, Nelson White.

The senior cheerleaders included Morgan Tracy, Ellie Busch and Magan Briscoe.

The Lady Chiefs played Jonesboro High School and won with a whopping score of 53-40

The Chiefs lost by 18 to the Jonesboro Cardinals with a score of 61-43. Both teams headed to the region playoffs and, despite a loss against Whitewater in the first round, 42 to 39, the Lady Chiefs will continue their pursuit of the state playoff title.

About the Contributors
Andrew Pinckney, Staff writer

Born in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, Andrew Pinckney is a passionate baseball player and competitor. He has played baseball for 14 years, and basketball for 5...

Sylvie Call, A & E Editor

Sylvie Call is a senior at McIntosh and has been with the Trail for three years; this year marks her second as the Arts and Entertainment (A&E) editor....

• Basketball

Virginia Cavaliers Win National Championship

• McIntosh Basketball Celebrates Senior Night

Basketball

Mark Your Calendars for March Madness

Athlete of the Week

Athlete of the Week: Kennedi Miller

Basketball

Basketball Chiefs Win Annual Battle of the Bubble

• Basketball

Lady Chiefs Beat the Buzzer Against Troup County