Athlete of the Week: Dominique Savain

Back to Article
Back to Article

Athlete of the Week: Dominique Savain

Samantha Cornett, Sports Editor

Junior Dominique Savain was awarded with Athlete of the Week for the week of October 29.

Dominique has been dancing since she was two years old, about fourteen years in total. Her freshman year she made the Chiefettes dance team and has been participating ever since.

Her favorite thing about dance at the school is the different styles she has been exposed to. ¨They are all different and each requires a different face, strength, or technical element. It is my happiness,¨ she said.

This year, Dominique has described the difficulty as being her favorite part. She said, “It lets us push ourselves to be better than we ever thought we could be.¨

This season, Dominique hope to improve most on being a helpful and encouraging teammate during every practice.

She has described that the team as a whole needed to improve their stamina in order to increase their competition routines. ¨They are filled with technique this year,¨ she said.

“The team’s goal for the season is to walk off of every competition floor with no regrets.¨”

— Dominique Savin

Last year at state, the team lost one of their state titles to the school’s rival, Starrs’ Mill High School. Although they were first in the state for their pom routine, they came in second in the jazz category. ¨My team and I work super hard every time we practice and we are looking forward to competing on our home floor representing our Chiefs,¨ Savain said.

About the Writer
Samantha Cornett, Sports Editor

Junior Sam Cornett joined the newspaper staff her freshman year and has been sports editor for two years. Between being an editor for the Trail, Sam works...

• Athlete of the Week: Dominique Savain

Athlete of the Week

Athlete of the Week: Ty Butler

• Athlete of the Week: Dominique Savain

Athlete of the Week

Athlete of the Week : Andrew Pinckney

• Athlete of the Week

Athlete of the Week: Jackson Crow

• Athlete of the Week: Dominique Savain

Athlete of the Week

Athlete of the Week: Huck McCollum

• Athlete of the Week: Dominique Savain

Athlete of the Week

Stephanie Yi : Athlete of the Week

Athlete of the Week: Dominique Savain