• April 224/25 Track and Field: Region 2-5A Championship @ 9:00 am
  • April 224/22-24 Boys Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 224/25-27 Spring Gala

Support Us
$350
$500

H@shtags: everything in social media

Adwa Umoya
Graphic design created in Canva by Adwa Umoya

My hot take on this week’s hashtags after taking a two week hiatus? I’m tired of the Jada Pinkett Smith world tour. I know she just released her book and is in a venting mood, but girl we do not need to know the in-depth details of your marriage or your “relationship” with Tupac. What’s been taking me out about this whole situation is that there’s a line in J.Cole’s song “No Role Modelz” saying “… I want a real love, dark skinned and Aunt Viv love, that Jada and that real love,” and people have been skipping that line in the song. Even J.Cole skipped the line at one of his concerts recently. Yikes. 

Speaking of yikes, that’s been most people’s feeling towards Drake’s new album. Fans of the rapper were looking forward to his first album since he released ‘Certified Lover Boy’ in 2021. I think people should let it marinate in their ears because I am not ashamed to admit that I didn’t like the album at all at first. I eventually gave it a few listens and was obsessed. And hello?! Sza is on the album. Like that’s enough for me. 

Ms T- Swizzle had her Eras Tour Movie Premiere and Beyonce was there. Eeek! We love two queens not letting the haters pit them against each other. The audiences seemed very happy during the movie, which was shown by them getting out of their seats and dancing while Taylor was singing on the big screen. But the serves didn’t stop serving there. There was a Mean Girls Musical teaser at the end of the movie which had a lot of faces we’d recognize like Christopher Briney who played Conrad in ‘The Summer I Turned Pretty’ and singer Renee Rap. Hopefully, this musical changes the negative ratings that usually follow remakes.

Now follow this: My favorite creator of the week is @shaunking on Instagram. He is a a writer and activist who posts about different political and social justice issues. He has been posting avidly about the war between Israel and Hamas, educating people about the hardships citizens caught in the crossfire face.

$350
$500