OPINION- Christmas Wishlist Guide

Talia Morley, Staff Writer

Now that it’s finally December, Christmas is right around the corner. It’s time to decide what’s on your Christmas wish list. I am here to give you some ideas of what to ask for this Christmas.

Number One: Technology
Christmas and the holidays are the perfect times to buy new technology. December is usually the time tech companies release new products, chances are you have an old phone or laptop and are in need of a new one.
Some newly released technology you could ask for
IPhone 13 Model : These phones were recently released in September and have an improved battery life, an improved camera, comes in multiple sizes, and colors such as white,black, blue, pink, and red, and has some new features.
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2: The Galaxy Buds 2 features noise canceling audio while also having ambient sound mode meaning you can still hear your surroundings without having to take the Galaxy Bud out, it also has a much better battery life, and are water resistant
Apple Airpods 3rd Generation: These newly released Airpods feature spatial audio that places sound all around you, an Adaptive EW that tunes music to your years, it is sweat and water resistant and it has a longer battery life

Number Two: Clothes
Another Idea for you to add to your Christmas list is clothes. Clothes are always good for changing weather, changing styles and following new fashion trends. As many students are on TikTok, they tend to keep updated with new fashion trends and many change styles based on them. Some fun and trendy stores you can shop from are: Urban outfitters, Pacsun, American Eagle, Shein, Rue 21, Lululemon and many more.

Number Three: Cameras
If you are interested in photography, a camera is a perfect gift. It doesn’t have to be expensive. There are cheap disposable film cameras in Walmart for only $10. If you’re willing to dish out $50, buying a polaroid or reusable film camera is also great. Or if you’re going all out, a digital camera is also a great gift.

Number Four: Perfumes or Colognes
Everyday, I constantly get told that I smell good; the reason for that besides my good hygiene and my hair products is my perfume. My top three favorite perfumes that I have ever smelled in this entire world are the: Gucci Guilty Women’s perfume, The Chance by Chanel perfume, and the Black Opium YSL perfume. The Gucci Guilty perfume is also available in a cologne, the scent is a lilac flower laced with amber and it radiates warmth and grace with a long lasting scent. The scent of the Chance by Chanel perfume has notes of pink pepper, jasmine and amber patchouli. It can be known as a spicy scent with heightened vanilla and floral notes. According to Sephora the Black Opium YSL perfume, “is a seductively intoxicating women’s fragrance with opening notes of adrenaline-rich coffee and sweet vanilla that recline into the softness of white flowers for a young, modern scent.”

Number Five: Jewelry
It doesn’t matter what kind; it’s always a good idea to ask for jewelry. You can get a handmade bracelet or necklace as a thoughtful and cute gift to receive. Some jewelry to ask for are some nice gold or silver chain necklaces, a fashion watch, bracelets and earrings. There are many different types of earrings to ask for such as: studs, hoops, dangly earrings, barbell earrings, cuffs, and more. More jewelry to ask for is body jewelry such as; nose studs, nose rings, septum rings, tongue piercing jewelry, and other jewelry for non ear piercings.

Number Six: Shoes
Since it’s the end of the year and Christmas is coming up, most shoe companies have released some new drops. Shoes are always great for matching outfits with your style, and accommodating for whatever you’re doing such as working out, hiking, going in the snow, going to the beach and pairing with your outfit.
Some new drops are:

Nike Air Force 1 High Sculpt WNS “Gym Red”
Air Jordan 1 Element Gore-Tex “Light Bone”
Solefly x Air Jordan 1 Low
Adidas YEEZY boost 350 V2 “Blue Tint”
Nike SB Dunk Low J-Pack “Chicago”
Chuck Taylor All Star Lace
Vans X Tierra Whack Style 36

These are some suggestions you can ask for this Christmas if you do not know what to put on your list. Enjoy Christmas break, Merry Christmas!