New Department Locations Spur Reactions from Students

Samantha Cornett, Editor in Chief

Every new school year comes with new rules and changes. For the 2019-20 school year, the biggest change might be the new location for teachers and departments. The only department that will not be relocated is Science because they need access to the sinks and lab equipment that is built into those classrooms already.

Every other department will be moving to a different section of the school due to the expansion of the numbers of classrooms with the new building.

The Math department will be moving to the current history hall and extending across the top floor of the new building.

The English department will be in the current foreign language hall and extended into the bottom floor of the new building.

The History department will be in the current English hall. The foreign language department will be moving to the current math classrooms.

In the past, incoming freshmen were the only ones with access to walk the school at orientation, but “with all the moves, orientation will include tours of the building for all classes,” Principal Dr. Dan Lane said.

Some students feel that the move and the new building are not a positive change for the school.

“Math and science should be near each other,” said junior Grace Herazy. “Also, some of the science classes are so small and it’s hard to move around,” she said. “The classes with less labs and supplies should have the smaller classrooms.”

However, other students are describing the change as a good thing.

“It’s like being a freshman all over again,” said freshman Jackson Johnson said. “At least we all will be in the same position, though.”

The moves will be in place by the first day of the 2019-20 school year.