PTCGSA to Georgia Tech for PTC Softball Day

Back to Article
Back to Article

PTCGSA 18U softball team in Atlanta for Peachtree City softball day at Georgia Tech.

Lexie Holder

Lexie Holder

Lexie Holder

Lexie Holder, Staff Writer

The Peachtree City Girls Softball Association traveled to Atlanta on Sunday, April 28 to attend PTCGSA day at Georgia Tech. The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets played the Syracuse Orangemen in a wipeout run-rule ending with Tech winning 10-0. The experience was topped with a player-to-player meet and greet.

“Georgia Tech is an excellent team and I hope we can do this again,” said eighteen-and-under PTGSA player, Dalayla Gile. “I had such an amazing day with the players and my coach, Coach Greg Lanman.”

The PTGSA girls were able to bring home a signed poster of all of the Yellowjackets on the team. The girls were also featured on ESPN2, a sports channel that covers division 1 softball and secondary athletics. ESPN2 featured the PTC girls waving and cheering on the Yellowjackets.

About the Contributor
Lexie Holder, Staff writer

Ninth grade student-athlete Lexie Holder finds a balance between her Mcintosh softball schedule and contributing to journalism as a new member of the Mcintosh...