Breaking News
  • April 224/25 Track and Field: Region 2-5A Championship @ 9:00 am
  • April 224/22-24 Boys Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 224/25-27 Spring Gala
Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

McIntosh Trail - The Student News Site of McIntosh High School

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Support Us
$250
$500

Your donation supports the student journalists of McIntosh High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase photography equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

President Obama answers questions from the public

Whitehouse on Youtube

On Tuesday February 12, President Barack Obama addressed the nation with the State of the Union speech. Which can be viewed here: 2013 State of the Union Address.

This year, the white house administration hopes to start a new tradition in lieu of Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s “Fireside Chats.” These radio addresses were used as a way to communicate with the public from 1933 to 1944.

This year President Obama begins a new tradition. On February 14, the president was part of a Google Plus Hangout, a “Fireside Hangout” with Lee Doren, John Green, Limor Fried, Kira Davis, and Jacky Guerrero.

During the Hangout, the five people chosen were able to ask the president questions. Their topics included the economy, gun rights, pennies, minimum wage, the deficit, and required high school classes.

$250
$500