Breaking News
  • May 24The Trail has gone on hiatus for summer break and will return coverage at the end of July
Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

McIntosh Trail - The Student News Site of McIntosh High School

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Support Us
$350
$500

Your donation supports the student journalists of McIntosh High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase photography equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

“Hi ya’ll! Welcome to Georgia!”

Freshmen aren’t the only ones attending McIntosh for the first time this year. The new student luncheon for students new to Fayette County was held Wednesday, September 19. Among those present were students from Texas, New York, England, and Russia.

When asked to identify the major difference between MHS and their previous schools, many students said that the academics classes are harder. Also, the two floors and large campus is a drastic change for many.

Also, some new students come from schools that have a block schedule or four – one and a half hour periods.

In addition, golf carts, a normal form of transportation around Peachtree City, is quite unusual for many students new to the area, and for some, the Georgia weather is hard to adjust to.

About the general hospitality of the McIntosh student body, many students said they had a hard time fitting in with established groups.
The guidance counselors said that they were surprised to hear that.

“When we’re registering new kids, one of the first things we tell them is how nice McIntosh students are,” said Ms. Sandy Perrin, one of the counselors hosting the event.

$350
$500