Standing in the Hall of Fame

McIntosh’s eleventh annual Hall of Fame induction and celebration Sept. 8 and 9
Ceremony details

Friday, September 8, is McIntosh High School’s eleventh annual Hall of Fame event. The recognition ceremony will be at halftime. Four alumni will be inducted for their achievements in their field. In addition, the members of the 1998 AAAA Girls State Champion Cross Country team will be inducted.

Game tickets will be $8 and can be bought ahead of time.

Rutledge Wood, Christie Ethridge Diez, Brad Hort, and Adam Sheikali  are the individual inductees for Friday night.

The 1998 Girls State Championship Cross Country team includes: Mary Rebok, Amma Aggrey, Tani Gaan, Jennifer Bowman, Kelly Gibson, Cindy Alvarado, Jamie Hyatt, Laura Rebok, Nicki Spencer, Lindsay Meaders, Nicola Craven, Laura Aull, Katie Freeman, Anne Buckle, Judy Thomasson, Mary Catherine Crofton, Ronda Wiliams, Courtney Nelms, Bryony Fuller, Tricia Hicks, Elizabeth Gardner, Dana Van Winkle, Teri Lee, Erin Bittner, Christine Paone, Katie Wagner, Sarah Clark, Erin Bartels, and Coach Chuck Buckle.

Saturday, September 9, is the Banquet and Induction Ceremony, which is open to the public and will be held at The Loft at Due South, 302 Clover Reach. The dinner will start at 6 p.m. and is expected to end at 8:30. The deadline to buy tickets has passed as it was Friday, September 1, but tickets were 40 dollars. Dressy nice is the attire.

Photo courtesy of the MHS Hall of Fame
Rutledge Wood

Rutledge Wood is a 1998 McIntosh graduate and a 2002 UGA graduate. At McIntosh, Rutledge was the Student Government President, voted Most Unique and he was Homecoming King. He is a car aficionado and auto racing analyst who hosted Top Gear US, Lost in Transmission and reported on NASCAR at Bristol Motor Speedway & Talladega SuperSpeedway. Since 2016, he’s been an NBC Sports reporter at the Kentucky Derby and also the winter and summer Olympics. He’s currently the host of Netflix’s “Floor is Lava,” which starts its fourth season this month, and he just wrapped “Hot Wheels: Ultimate Challenge” for NBC. He’s also hosted or appeared on cooking shows on the Food Network and the Cooking Channel

Photo courtesy of the MHS Hall of Fame
Photo courtesy of the MHS Hall of Fame Media Kit
Christie Ethridge Diez

Christie Ethridge Diez is a 2008 MHS graduate and a 2012 UGA graduate. At MHS, she was a 4-year Chiefettes State Champion; a Senior VIP and top 10 academic graduate and voted Miss McIntosh. At UGA, she was a Dance Dawg, a reporter at the university news station and graduated Magna Cum Laude. She’s now an Associated Press and Emmy Award winning Journalist at NBC Channel 11Alive in Atlanta, where she is a weekend news anchor. She’s reported from hurricanes, the Masters, the March on Washington, among many other topics. She was one of only 8 Journalists nationwide selected as Rosalynn Carter Mental Health Journalism Fellow. The 3-part docuseries she produced about Dementia not only won an Emmy, but led her to create a Foundation to help caregivers which is named for her late father who passed away from dementia.

Photo courtesy of MHS Hall of Fame media kit
Brad Hort

Brad Hort graduated from McIntosh in 2013 and from the University of North Florida in 2017. He is being inducted for cross country, track, swimming and baseball. Brad is one of the most productive runners to ever come from McIntosh. He is a two-time Individual Cross Country AAAAA State Champion; a three-time County and Region Cross Country Champion; a Finalist in the Footlocker USA National Cross Country Championships…and he led the Chiefs to a State Cross Country Team Championship. In track, he is a two-time County 1600meter and 3200meter champion, the State AAAAA 1600m Runner-Up and he helped the Chiefs win a State Track and Field Championship. He ran Varsity Cross Country & Track for 1 year at UGA before transferring to the University of North Florida, where he was three-year Varsity Letterman and helped lead the team to their first-ever ASUN Conference Cross Country Championship title. Brad also won 2K lifeguard beach races in Florida and California during the summer while he was in college.

Photo courtesy of the MHS Hall of Fame Media kit

The 1998 AAAA State Champion Girls Cross Country Team was the first XC team to earn MHS a state championship. After six previous attempts where the McIntosh girls placed either third or fourth in the state, this win was the very first state championship title in program history. All season long, Cobb County’s Walton HS had been ranked #1 in AAAA Girls cross country. McIntosh and Walton had met once early in the ’98 season – at the Berry Invitational – and Walton had beaten McIntosh.  That year, the team top runners were four freshmen, a sophomore and two seniors. The McIntosh girls  beat the second place place team from Collins Hill by 39 points. All five of McIntosh’s scorers placed in the top 20: freshman Mary Catherine Crofton was sixth overall, followed by freshman Judy Thomasson in 11th, freshman Dana Van Winkle in 12th, freshman Elizabeth Gardner in 15th, and sophomore Tina Paone in 20th.

$350
$500

Savannah Hayes
Savannah Hayes, News Editor
McIntosh High School senior Savannah Hayes is serving her second year as the McIntosh Trail’s news editor. Hayes has been on the Trail staff since 2021 and has enjoyed every moment of working with the staff. Just this past school year, Hayes won three awards for her writing given to her by the Georgia Scholastic Press Association (GSPA). Hayes won superior writing for In-Depth News, Features and Social Media Storytelling. She can not wait for another marvelous year on the Trail staff. Hayes has received countless accolades throughout both high school and middle school. Hayes has been a part of National Honor Society (NHS) since 2023, Science National Honor Society (SNHS) since 2023, Beta Club since 2021, National English Honor Society (NEHS) since 2021 and National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS) since 2022. In middle school, Hayes was in Jr. Beta Club and received the Silver Service Hour Award in eighth grade and the Bronze Service Hour Award in seventh grade. Every semester since her freshman year, Hayes has been on the Gold Honor Roll. Outside of the Trail, Hayes works as a volunteer intern at Zoo Atlanta. She took AP Biology and is currently taking Anatomy and Physiology at McIntosh to help achieve her goal of majoring in Animal Science. Hayes is currently the High Brass Section Leader of the Spirit of McIntosh Marching Band, of which she has been a member since 2020. Hayes has played the trumpet in various concert bands since 2017. As a Dual Enrollment, Student Hayes is currently attending Clayton State and has been a part of the program since 2022.
$350
$500