PTC Little League team plays in World Series

MHS older siblings proud of the team and their brothers.

Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2018. All rights reserved.

Lexie Holder, Staff writer

The Peachtree City Little League team traveled to Williamsport, Pennsylvania to compete in the Little League World Series. For fourteen young boys, a dream come true happened late August 8, when they won the Southeastern Regional Championship against Loudoun South American Little League in Virginia.

Freshman Livy Hooper has a younger brother named James who plays Outfield. “My little brother has always loved baseball. He was so excited when his team won,” Hooper said. “I couldn’t help but scream for the team myself.”

Players Charlie and Will Clemm’s older brother, Ty Clemm, also attends Mcintosh. 

Being an unofficial teenager playing live baseball on ESPN, arguably the biggest Sports Network in America comes with a lot of self-control and major nerves. The boys lost in an eleven inning run against Honolulu, Hawaii on Friday, August 17th, making that the longest game in Little League World Series history.

The team played Northwest Little League Saturday, August 18th coming out with a terrific score of 3-0. With that win they moved on to play Midwest (Houston, Texas) Monday night, the 20th, with a game-winning home run by the pitcher Janson Kenty to continue their run in the 2018 Little League World Series.

The boys continue their Little League World Series tournament run with a game at 3 p.m. today, Wednesday, August 21 against Michigan to continue out of the consolation bracket.

About the Writer
Lexie Holder, Staff writer

Ninth grade student-athlete Lexie Holder finds a balance between her Mcintosh softball schedule and contributing to journalism as a new member of the Mcintosh Trail and finding time to continue to write as a passion. She is a two-year consecutive Laws of Life winner and a former Middle School ambassador. Her favorite all-time writers are music critic Lester Bangs and Bob Dylan. She always finds time to be social and is always ready for a music trivia question.