JV soccer teams finish their first week of games

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief

Both JV teams took on rival Starr’s Mill to open their season at home on Monday, Feb. 8,. The Chiefs kicked off at 5:30 p.m. and the Lady Chiefs followed at 7 p.m.

The Lady Chiefs were up 1-0 at the half. The last 10 minutes of the game was fast paced with Starr’s Mill trying to equalize the score. The Panthers had several chances the last couple minutes to score, but the Lady Chiefs’ held them back.

After each game, Coach Casey and Coach Luke choose a Lady Chief of the Match (LCOM). For this game freshman Hannah Elwell and sophomore Sally Gillanders were selected LCOM for having several defensive plays at the end of the game.

The Chiefs dominated Starr’s Mill from the start and opened up their season at home with a dominating win against rival Starr’s Mill 7-2.

On Friday, Feb. 12, both JV teams traveled to East Coweta to take on the Indians. The Lady Chiefs kicked off at 5:30 p.m. followed by the Chiefs at 7 p.m.

The game was tied at halftime 0-0; however, about 15 minutes into the second half, the Indians took a shot outside the box. which went over freshman goalie Stephanie Yi’s head for the only goal of the game. The Lady Chief of the Match (LCOM) were given to freshmen Lisa Goodall and Lane Wortmann.

One of the captains for the Lady Chiefs, sophomore Natalie Keohane said, “I have a feeling this will be a great season if we work hard and have belief in each other.”

Later, during the Chief’s game, neither team scored.