Basketball teams finish 7-0 between Fri., Jan. 15 and Sat., Jan. 16

Freshman+Nick+Pruner+nails+last+minute+free+throws+to+guarantee+the+win+for+the+Chiefs.+

Mackensi Rohn

Freshman Nick Pruner nails last minute free throws to guarantee the win for the Chiefs.

Kamryn Torr, Editor In Chief

Varsity basketball hosted Dutchtown on Friday, Jan. 16.

The Lady Chiefs tipped off at 6:00 p.m. With 1.7 seconds left in the game, junior Delayne Rotolo hit a free throw to secure the win 39-38. The Lady Chiefs improved to 11-4 on the season and 8-2 in the region with the win against Dutchtown.

The Chiefs tipped off at 7:30 p.m. After ending the first quarter tied at 16, the Chiefs led at halftime 35-34. At halftime, senior Dishon Lowery had 12 points, senior Jordan Lyons had 11 points, and senior Chase Walter has 7 points. With 1:57 left in the 3rd quarter, Dutchtown was trailing to the chiefs 51-43. The chiefs defeated Dutchtown 79-57 and improved to 15-2 on the season and 10-0 in the region. Senior Jordan Lyons finished the game with 23 points: senior Will Washington, with 19 points; senior Dishon Lowery, with 14 points; senior Chase Walter, with 9 points, and senior transfer Isaac Kellum, with 6 points.

All MHS basketball teams hosted the Northgate Vikings on Jan. 16.

The 9th grade boys were the first to tip off at 1 p.m. They defeated the Vikings 41-34 to improve to 6-5 on the season.

The JV girls tipped off at 2:30 p.m. They defeated the Vikings 46-3 to improve to 7-3 on the season.

The JV boys tipped off at 4 p.m. The JV boys defeated the Vikings 63-29 to improve to 6-5 on the season.

The varsity girls tipped off at 5:30 p.m. After leading the Vikings 54-26 at the end of the third quarter, the Lady Chiefs defeated the Vikings 62-43 to improve to 12-4 on the season and 9-2 in the region.

The varsity boys tipped off at 7 p.m. After leading 23-9 at the end of the first quarter, the Chiefs went into the half leading the Vikings 44-22. At the end of the third quarter, the Chiefs led 61-26. Chiefs defeated the Vikings 72-32 to improve to 16-2 on the season and 11-0 in the region.