Opinion: Dawgs will always be the best college football team

In the 2023-2024 season, the UGA didn’t make it to the college playoffs – but that does not discredit their image
When the Georgia Bulldogs Win the NCAA trophy in the 2024-25 football season.
Asa Boddie

The University of Georgia Bulldogs is one of the best college football teams in the nation. In the most recent season, they held their record to 12-0 for 12 weeks. When it was time for them to face their rival Alabama Crimson Tide, it was the battle of the Southeastern Conference (SEC) which determined who from the SEC would make it to the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) playoffs. The Bulldogs lost to them by three points which was a bummer. But they came back in the Orange Bowl beating the Florida State Seminoles (FSU) by a whopping 60 points which has never been done before, also making their record to 13-1.

The Dawgs defense is very impactful for the whole team. With a great defense, comes a great offense. When the defense is on the field, they allow less touchdowns versus other teams on defense. The Bulldogs have the best playmaking skills, the best football control while on the field, and they are the most efficient. Offense and Defense do not allow mistakes when they are on the field, especially with Carson Beck as the quarterback, who is such an elite player. The playmaking ability he brings to Georgia is outstanding. Also, he’s coming back for his senior year and he will have another great impact on the team.

This gives UGA a higher chance of going to the NCAA championship in the 2024-25 season. The coaching staff at Georgia is also on a whole different level. They have all the necessary skills and tools to create the best players that are championship bound. The Dawgs are such an elite team.

In fact, according to USA Today, “5 star signee KJ Bolden was offered 3 millions dollars annually in a NIL deal,” but he did not transfer. It speaks volumes about his character, it also speaks volumes about how much he believes in the DAWGS to make next year’s championship.

As of Jan. 2, 2024, a total of six players from the College Football Transfer Portal committed to UGA and their team recruiting rank is number one. With the new guys like Trevor Etienne, Colbie Young, Michael Jackson III and London Humphreys, they are going to thrive with the coaches at Sanford Stadium.

But during the transfer, they lost more than 15 players. Even though they are either coming back to football from past injuries or have only played less than 15 games their whole season, it shows that the starters are the best and there is no doubt that the Bulldogs are going to bulldoze through the 2024-2025 season winning the SEC title and the NCAA championship trophy.

$350
$500

Your donation supports the student journalists of McIntosh High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase photography equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Asa Boddie
Asa Boddie, Staff
Asa Boddie is a senior and this is his first year on McIntosh Trail. He was recruited by the one and only Shanon Woolf, the advisor. Asa is very passionate about computer science. He has been coding for over 2 years. He also loves teaching and showing others how to work and navigate computer soft and hardware. He is a very wise guy and can teach you how to code and navigate a computer. Asa spends his free time watching live gameplay from content creators. He follows Twitch streamer Kai Cenat because he brings a lot of fun and different experiences to his streams. After graduating from McIntosh, he plans to go to the University of West Georgia or West Georgia Technical College to pursue computer science. He is also pursuing certification in cyber security.
$350
$500