Senior McIntosh Trail Members Say Farewell

The McIntosh Trail Staff celebrates earning “Excellence” from the Georgia High School Press Association and the last day of school for senior staff members. Also pictured are a “Sriracha” promotional photo and hot cheetos, the staff’s mascots.

Pearl Takeda, Staff Writer

On May 17th, Mrs. Beaucham’s Journalism class was full of laughter in a celebration of the Seniors’ last day of school. To the journalism class, the day had several special meanings because it was also Mrs. Beaucham’s birthday.

With a big “happy birthday” written on the whiteboard, the class enjoyed the day with music and cookies.

The day began as usual. Everyone grabbed a Chromebook for themselves and seated where they usually sit. The class is relatively small in size with only 16 students, therefore everyone always engaged in friendly conversations. Mrs. Beaucham bought boxes of chocolate chip, raisin and sugar cookies for the class, and the students worked on their assigned journals while relaxing with cookies and chats.

Halfway through the class period, the class went to the hallway to take pictures with the award for their news website, McIntosh Trail. This year, the staff was awarded “Excellent News Website” by the Georgia High School Press Association.

The pictures were also taken in a memory of all the people who are leaving this year, including 13 seniors and Mrs. Beaucham. Mrs. Beaucham is leaving McIntosh High School to teach in Seoul, Korea.

When leaving the classroom to take pictures, someone shouted, “bring the ‘Sriracha’ poster!”

“Sriracha” is a song by Marteen, whose publicist sent a press pack to the McIntosh Trail students at the beginning of the school year to write a review on his music video of the same name. Since the day of the introduction, his song became a class favorite.

After the pictures, the class listened to “Sriracha.” With the elation in the classroom, a staff member changed the song to the Stevie Wonder & Keanu Trap Remix of “Jingle Bells,” which was popular with the staff during the Christmas season.

An hour went by quickly, and the bell rang for C lunch. The seniors hugged each other and Mrs. Beaucham to say goodbye. The class was dismissed, but the memories and the laughter will forever remain.