Exam Schedule and Exemptions for the Seven Period Day

Bluestocking

Audra O’Clair, Staff Writer

As exam week approaches, McIntosh students should know the schedule revolving around exams and exemptions. By Friday Dec. 6, students should have informed their teachers about whether they are exempting their exam or not if that class is eligible for exemptions. Depending on a student’s schedule and the amount of classes they take on McIntosh’s campus, the amount of exams they are allowed to exempt varies. Students taking seven classes at McIntosh are eligible to exempt three exams on academics with a grade of 95 or higher but students who opted out of one period or have a dual enrollment travel period may only exempt two based on academics.
On Monday Dec. 9, students received exemption forms in their fourth period class. These forms should be signed by the student’s parent and turned into their fourth period teacher by Wednesday Dec. 11. Students are only required to show up to their scheduled exam so transportation should be arranged but the buses will still run at the normal school day scheduled time.
Exams will occur during the last week of school. There will be two exams every day except on Thursday Dec. 19 when there is only the seventh period exam. The buses will also run early that day at 12:40 p.m. making the day shortened for those without another form of transportation. From Monday Dec. 16 to Wednesday Dec. 18, there will be two exams with a ten minute break in between exam times. The first exam will begin at 8:35 a.m. and end at 10:40 a.m. The second exam will begin at 10:50 a.m. and end at 12:55 p.m. Throughout exam werk, dress code rules still apply. Those who break the dress code will be sent to the In-School Suspension to take their exam and pajama pants are considered against dress code.