Prom was a Magical Night for Royalty

Prom was a Magical Night for Royalty

Jermal Hall, Staff Writer

Prom was held at the Biltmore hotel and was a night filled with fun and excitement. With prom comes the announcement of prom king and queen. This year the honor was bestowed upon to Baba Agbaje and Claire Wilson. Baba is a varsity football player and is currently a captain on the varsity soccer team. He is looking to lead his team to another state championship. Agbaje is no stranger to royalty as he was also crowned earlier this year as homecoming King.

“It’s pretty cool that I won,” said Agbaje. “I obviously couldn’t have done it if not for the people who voted for me so a huge thank you to all of them. I was unsure if I was going to win or not, but once I heard the roar of the crowd when my name was called to come up to the stage, I knew victory was mine.”

He is a man around school who is notoriously known as a good friend and can bring a smile to anybody he comes across.

“Truthfully, I don’t really feel any different being prom king because I don’t necessarily need the title of king to know that I run McIntosh,” said Agbaje.

Wilson has been a varsity football cheerleader and a varsity competition cheerleader for the entirety of her high school career.

“The thing I enjoyed most about prom was dancing with my friends and taking pictures in fancy clothes,” said Wilson. “It was a great honor to be selected by my peers. I didn’t know that people liked me that much and I felt a little awkward to be honest. Very honored, but Baba and I felt a little awkward slow dancing while everyone stared at us!”

Prom was a very memorable night for these two young royals, and for everybody else too. It was a night filled with fun, laughter, and dancing and will be a night to remember for these two well deserved winners.