Quill & Scroll Induction

Back to Article
Back to Article

Quill & Scroll Induction

Cailey Hardman, Staff Writer

The Quill and Scroll induction was founded in 1926, where selected journalism students are inducted into the International honor society for high school journalists.

Journalism teacher, Shanon Woolf, inducted the selected students after school in her classroom with a mini ceremony on Wednesday, January 16. Juniors Arden Estep, Jaylen Smith, Samantha Cornett, and Orla Fennell and seniors Anna Muh and Kamryn Torr were all inducted into the honor society.

During the ceremony, Woolf read aloud the terms of being inducted into the society. At this time, the inductees stood around a table, holding up their hand, responding with “I do” to specific ideals the society upholds. Woolf read aloud:

1. Do you pledge in the presence of all your colleagues, faculty, family and friends in attendance that you will be true to the ideals of Quil and Scroll Society?
  2. Do you pledge that in whatever field you choose to enter, you will always painstakingly seek the truth?
  3. Will you strive to aide the best interests of the community?
  4. Will you be a responsible and reliable worker?
  5. And do you pledge to do all in your power to aide in the cause of better journalism?

In order to be inducted into this society, students had to be involved in some phase of journalism or school media work and meet specific requirements. The requirements include being a junior or senior, have a grade point average of a B or be in the upper third of their class, have done superior work in some phase of journalism or school media work, be a staff member of some journalism group at the school, and be recommended by the supervisor of the journalism program supervisor.

About the Writer
Cailey Hardman, Staff Writer

Cailey Hardman is a senior at McIntosh High School who will graduate this school year, 2019. She has been a resident of Peachtree City all her life and...

• Quill & Scroll Induction

News

Campus Construction is Coming Along

• Quill & Scroll Induction

News

German Students Attend State German Convention

• Quill & Scroll Induction

News

The School Must Go On: Analysis of Next Year’s Schedule

• Quill & Scroll Induction

News

Art History Students Visit the High Museum

• Quill & Scroll Induction

News

21 Savage Deported

Quill & Scroll Induction