Grab a Gift

Christmas exchange gift games to play this year
Gift giving season is just around the corner, the tree starts to get full.
Ashley Nip

Playing gift exchange games is a fun way to spend the holiday with loved ones. Some gift exchange game ideas to play this year are secret Santa, white elephant, roll the dice, and unwrapped. 

One of the most classic gift exchanges is Secret Santa. The way it works is everyones name gets put into a jar and then they draw from the jar. Whoever they get is the person they have to get their gift for. When it is time to exchange gifts someone opens their designated gift and guesses who it’s from. 

White elephant is another popular gift game. Each player brings one gift to contribute. They draw numbers to determine what order they go in. Players sit in a circle or line where they can see the gift pile. The first person chooses a gift from the pile and opens it. The following players can either choose an unwrapped gift or steal a previous player’s gift. The person who got their gift stolen can do the same or get a new one. 

Roll the Dice is a little known  but it is still a fun one. Every person brings a gift. They sit in a circle and on a sheet of paper, write instructions for what the player does when that number is rolled. One- trade gifts with the person on your right, two- trade gifts with the person on your left, three- trade gifts with the person across from you, four- trade gifts with the person of your choice, five- unwrap, and six- make two people swap . Keep going until everyone has opened their present. 

Unwrapped is not an exchange, however people will love it. Take a lot of small gifts/stocking stuffers and wrap them in saran wrap. There can be multiple gifts in one ball. For every person’s turn, they have 20 seconds to unwrap the ball in order to get their gift. After the timer, ends the next person does the same and so on.

$350
$500

Ashley Nip
Ashley Nip, Staff
Ashley Nip is new to journalism this year. She has been living in Peachtree City her whole life but she wants to travel more. So far, she has been to North Carolina, Minnesota and Chicago. She made the honor roll in 7th grade. She currently works at Chin Chin. Nip has plans to play volleyball. Nip also has an addiction to shopping and skincare.
$350
$500