From despair to repair

Daisha Levy is a new addition to MHS School counseling
Daisha Levy
Daisha Levy
Mikayla Carino

Daisha Levy is one of two new counselors joining the McIntosh Staff in 2023. Levy was inspired by her high school counselor to become a counselor herself. Levy moved to Fayette County from Burke County; she enjoys being a part of the McIntosh family.

I think it’s a good change. It definitely shifts the mindset of what we do as a counselor as a guidance counselor.”

— Daisha Levy

“I felt welcome ever since I stepped foot in the building, and I just love the policies and procedures. I feel like everyone’s on one accord which helps things to progress in a good direction,” Levy said.

Levy was predominantly inspired by her counselor and made it her passion to go into the educational field and help kids with their problems. Seeing the way her counselor helped her get through school and become the first person in her family to graduate high school made her want to do the same for others.

“I was diagnosed with a medical issue that has never surfaced prior to, like high school that I was kind of coping with. I was the first gen in my family to go to college. So there were a lot of things that yeah, there were a lot of things that I had to kind of navigate alone, but she was there to help assist me through those processes,” Levy said.

Stress, anxiety, and depression is no stranger to our society, and the McIntosh counseling department wants students to know that they are not alone.”

— Daisha Levy

Recently, there has been a change in the title of the McIntosh counseling department. Previously known as “guidance counselors” the new term is “school counselors.” 

“We help students navigate the College and Career process and then we’re also here to support students with their academics so they’re successful here,” Levy said. 

$350
$500

Celine Jean
Celine Jean, Staff
Celine Jean is a junior serving in her first year as a staff member at the McIntosh Trail. Her passion for reading and writing had been ignited since elementary school when Jean was a part of the Poetry Club. In middle school, Jean’s interest in short stories and political ideologies took an intensive path after two years of participating in the Yale Splash program in Connecticut. Ever since 2021, Jean has volunteered with People of Impact and the Haitian American Caucus to assist the underserved community. Her involvement commenced with serving at soup kitchens and joining park cleaning events in urban and neglected areas in New York. Soon, Jean began to organize volunteering and fundraising events for domestic violence and family shelters. Jean joined God’s Love We Deliver, a non-profit that focuses on feeding hospice cancer and AIDS patients on holidays. In 9th grade, during a socially and politically sensitive climate, Jean became a founding leader of Uncommon Ground, a student group that partners with administration to learn concerns and bridge the gap of the BIPOC students. During her sophomore year at McIntosh, Jean joined the Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO), the Debate Team and the Spanish Club. Celine is excited about embarking on this new journey as an official staff member of the McIntosh Trail.
$350
$500