• April 295/2 SENIORS: cap and gown, honor cord and tassel pick up @ lunch
  • April 295/4 Track and Field: 5A Sectional Championship
  • April 294/29-30 Girls Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 295/1-6 Girls Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 295/1-6 Boys Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 294/29-30 Boys Tennis: State Tournament

Support Us
$350
$500

Fit For a Prince

Thirty-four year MHS veteran staff member was Jerry Prince Homecoming parade MC
Jerry+Prince+and+Stan+Ledford+%28current+parking+lot+attendant%29+at+the+front+of+the+Homecoming+Parade+in+honor+of+Princes+retirement.+
Ashley Nip
Jerry Prince and Stan Ledford (current parking lot attendant) at the front of the Homecoming Parade in honor of Prince’s retirement.

The Master of Ceremonies for the 2023 McIntosh Homecoming parade was Jerry Prince, former parking lot attendant since 1989. He is retiring this year. Before coming to McIntosh for 34 years, he worked for Bell South for 30 years. 

Prince has left a good impression on the staff, and teacher Allen Beall has good things to say about him.

“Jerry Prince is caring, thoughtful, loving and hard-working. He brought joy to people who were having a bad day. I am so glad that my and his paths have crossed in this life. [After retiring from Bell South] he could have left and played golf and whatever he wanted, but he didn’t,” Beall said. 

Some of the staff at MHS were students when Prince was the parking lot attendant. 

“When Ms. [Amy] Hammock, Ms. [Shanon] Woolf, and Ms. [Nicole] Guest were all students here so he’s an institution, and we’re sorry to see him go,” Assistant Principal Dan Lakly said.

French teacher Amanda Breland speaking to Prince at his retirement party in the cafeteria. (Ashley Nip)

People have many stories about him and his job as a parking lot attendant. 

“He would always check the cars and make sure everybody had their passes, but even more so he would make sure no one was leaving campus. We had to make sure that Mr. Prince was nowhere to be found because he would always catch everyone,” Guest said.

Prince still has a few plans for what to do after his retirement. 

“I may do a little traveling, and I’ve got relatives, I go see them a lot. I have two boys and we’re going to maybe go to Las Vegas, California, and places like that. And I work around the house.”

$350
$500