Senior Legacy: Landon Wilde

Talia Morley

Landon Wilde, a senior and the Sports and News Editor for the McIntosh Trail.

Talia Morley, Staff Writer

How have you made McIntosh a better place, what was your contribution to the campus?
“I would say that my contribution to the campus relating to journalism is that our goal as a publication is to give a voice to people who would normally not have a voice so interviewing, you know, freshman who might not be so involved, getting their opinion out and just finding out what they think and who they are.”
How have you made the Trail a better program, what was your contribution to the publication?
“My first year on staff we won the turnaround award through GSPA, so I feel like in general, we did a lot to make the quality of our publication better. I’ve been the sports editor and the news editor for two years, and the news section won several sections through GSPA. I feel like just in general, we have upped the quality of the publication and just in general made it a better news site.”
What college do you plan on attending?
“I plan on attending Georgia College in Milledgeville, Ga. After that, I’ll probably transfer to the University of Georgia or Georgia Tech, depending on what I am going to study.”
What will you be studying?
“I don’t exactly know what I will be studying yet. It’s kind of up in the air at the moment. Either mechanical engineering, and I’ll go to Georgia Tech, or I’m going to study aviation and hopefully be a pilot. If that’s the case, I’ll probably go to the University of Georgia for a few years and then focus on that.”
If you have plans other than college, what are they?
“I would say that my plan is to get my pilot license and my commercial flying license, and then hopefully fly for a major airline like Delta or something like that.”
What are some words of wisdom that you have for returning staffers or newcomers to the Trail?
“It’s a lot of pressure with the deadlines. So I would recommend not putting it off to the last minute. Get your work done ahead of time, you’ve got a month to write two stories and two social media posts. So try and stick to that deadline. Try not to put it off. I would say you have two weeks to write a story so do your best to stay on track.”