Knitting and Crochet Club

The+Knitting+and+Crochet+Clubs+first+meeting+will+be+held+on+Jan.+25+after+school+in+Room+122.+

The Knitting and Crochet Club’s first meeting will be held on Jan. 25 after school in Room 122.

Zara Morgan, Managing Editor/Features Editor

This semester, McIntosh will be introduced to the new Knitting and Crochet Club. The Knitting and Crochet Club’s main objective is to teach students a new skill that not only can become something they bring with them for the rest of their lives, but also is something that can help improve their mental health. High school can be very stressful when trying to balance academics, sports, jobs, friends and so on but hobbies like knitting and crocheting can help stabilize you.

The Knitting and Crochet Club is not currently an official McIntosh Club, and will be running on a trial basis for this spring semester. However, with enough interest it will be named an official club starting the fall semester of 2022.

Currently, I am a senior, so I am hoping that I can find enough interest in the club to be able to pass it down to interested underclassmen. I think that the Knitting and Crochet Club will be a great addition to McIntosh because not only are the skills of knitting and crochet skills that can be used for one’s entire life, but it is also a great way to relax and improve mental health.

The Knitting and Crochet Club is sponsored by English teacher Anna Harbison. Meetings will be held in her classroom (122) after school twice a month. Supplies for knitting and crocheting will be included in club dues as well as cozy beverages. All students are welcome regardless of skill.

If you are interested in joining the club, you can email the President, Zara Morgan ([email protected]) in order to be added to the club GroupMe.