Senior Legacy: Charlotte Moore

Marissa Shockley

Senior Charlotte Moore visits the construction site one last time before graduation.

Katrina Skonberg, Opinions Editor

How have you made McIntosh a better place, what was your contribution to campus? (sports, personal relationship, etc.)

My sophomore year I founded the Rachel’s Challenge Club at McIntosh High School.  It is a nationally recognized club that promotes kindness in the community. It was started after a girl named Rachel Scott was killed in the Columbine shooting.  She left a huge impact on her community Church and School through her endless kindness and respect towards others. At McIntosh, we have done projects like random acts of kindness.  For example, at lunches one year, we handed out candies with Post-it notes with encouraging messages. We also have sent letters to troops and been involved with volunteer efforts in the community.

How have you made the McIntosh Trail a better program, what was your contribution to the publication?

At the beginning of the year, I took up the opportunity to cover construction. Throughout the year, I had stayed with it and have been able to be on-site and take pictures of every update.

What college do you plan on attending?

Georgia Southern University

What will you be studying?

Biology with a focus in marine biology

What are some words of wisdom you have for returning staffers or newcomers to the Trail?

I did not originally sign up for this class but being put in it has taught me about a lot about people skills.  Don’t be afraid to go out of your comfort zone and talk to people because you build connections that you never thought you could! And by talking to people I don’t just mean in your class, I mean in interviews as well.