Students give opinions of Homecoming parade

The band students play a tune as they walk by those enjoying the parade

Arden Estep

Arden Estep, Opinions Editor

The homecoming parade was held on Wednesday, Oct. 5. The parade featured athletes, various club members, Homecoming court representatives, and students involved in other school activities. The Chiefs’ annual parade was followed by the Powder Puff football game at McIntosh later that night.

Freshman Natalie Marshall said, “I was in this year’s parade because I’m a Chiefette. It was really fun, and it was great being a part of something like that and bringing the community together. There’s not really anything negative I could say about the parade. Overall, it was a really great experience, and I’m looking forward to participating in it again next year.”

Freshman Alaina Castellow said, “I was participating in the Homecoming parade for Health Occupations Students of America. Walking with friends and throwing out goodies to the children was fun, but the event was slightly unorganized, and there were too many people. Although, for the most part, it was a fun thing to do for the community, and if given the opportunity, I’d  be interested in participating again my sophomore year.”

Sophomore Alisha Monroe said, “Throwing out candy to the children was a really good experience. It was nice being able to get out and do something for our community.”