Graphic design created in Canva by Adwa Umoya
Adwa Umoya

H@shtags: everything in social media

Trending topics of the week and what to keep your eye on
Rebekah Bushmire

My hottake on this week’s hashtags? Taylor ate that. With close friend Sophie Turner going through a tumultuous divorce, the influence and power she has to be able to take the media load off of her by hard-launching her relationship with Travis Kelce (a.k.a my husband) is so amazing. Also, Swift has loaned her NYC apartment to Turner and her kids amid the custody battle with Joe Jonas. The ultimate girl’s girl. 

Autumn is here and the weather is weathering like it should for the fall aesthetic. To go along with the fall-y vibes, Starbucks is releasing a “Nightmare Before Christmas” tumbler. I don’t know about y’all but that gave me the best nostalgia boost hearing that. However, the tumbler isn’t available in Starbucks stores yet but is available on ShopDisney’s website as of today. I will be purchasing five of them, thank you.

It seems we have gotten the 2023 version of an 2016 internet challenge where people would stand still like a mannequin while “Black Beatles” by Rae Sremmurd played in the background. Now instead of a song in the background, it’s a loud horn and people are using their videos to show moments when they wish they could freeze when they get called out , exposed or shocked. My video would be me frozen after waking up realizing it’s Monday. Tragic. 

Now follow this: My favorite creator of the week is @psh8. They are a podcast duo where one is extroverted and one is introverted and awkward. Match made in heaven. My favorite video of theirs is when they were discussing weird food combinations and one them brought up a salt and pepper banana. Weirdly iconic. 

$350
$500

Your donation supports the student journalists of McIntosh High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase photography equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Adwa Umoya
Adwa Umoya, Social Media Manager
Adwa Umoya is a senior and in her second year as McIntosh Trail’s social media manager. Umoya is a fashion and beauty enthusiast who interned at Sephora during her time living in New York. Born to a Trinidadian mother and a Nigerian father, Umoya has traveled to both countries numerous times and enjoys relishing in her culture. She is also a former member of X-Step, a young stepping program for young women who attended Excellence Girls and performed at the Cares Gala in 2020. In the past, she has also taken AP Biology and is currently a member of McIntosh’s Black Student Union. In her downtime, Umoya loves spending time with her family and friends, eating and obsessing over the color pink.
$350
$500