Breaking News
  • April 224/25 Track and Field: Region 2-5A Championship @ 9:00 am
  • April 224/22-24 Boys Tennis: State Tournament
  • April 224/25-27 Spring Gala
Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

McIntosh Trail - The Student News Site of McIntosh High School

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

“The Spirit of Life survives” through to state

McIntosh wins GHSA Regional One Act Competition
Cast of The Spirit Of Life on the Harris County High School stage after their win. Photo Submitted by Natasha Greenstein.
Cast of “The Spirit Of Life” on the Harris County High School stage after their win. Photo Submitted by Natasha Greenstein.

On Oct. 28 2023, the cast and crew of “The Spirit Of Life” won first place in the regional Georgia High School Association’s one act competition. The one act is a play under fifty five minutes. This is the first time McIntosh theater has won first place in four years. The last show to advance to the state one act competition was “Bellwether” in 2019. Drama teacher Ken Buswell went into the competition with mixed emotions. 

“I was a combination of so excited and so happy for everyone and also a little bit of relief as well because I always worry about what choices the judges will make and I always want the students to win. Especially [The Spirit of Life] because I thought [the cast] deserved to win and I was relieved that [the cast] did get the win,” Buswell said.

In addition to winning first place, individual awards were given to senior Max Thompson for “Best Actor in the Region.” Junior Reese Marler won “Best Supporting Actor in the Region” junior Tyler Hooton and senior Hannah Scafe were awarded “All Star-Cast.”  

Because the production is advancing, “The Spirit of Life” cast will perform for the public in the McIntosh auditorium on Nov. 8 2023 at 6 p.m. The show is free but donations are accepted.

“The Spirit of Life” will perform in the state Georgia High School Association’s one act competition on Nov. 11 2023.

$350
$500

Your donation supports the student journalists of McIntosh High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase photography equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
August Moss
August Moss, Staff
August Moss is a first year Trail staffer and in her second year on the Legend yearbook staff, this year operating as senior editor. Moss is a Georgia REACH scholar. She served in the McIntosh theater department as stage manager for “Something Funny Happened On the Way to the Regional One Act Competition” and “Mamma Mia.” She served on crew for “She Kills Monsters” and “Footloose.” She acted in “Much Ado About Nothing” and “Very Still and Hard to See.” She was a Thespian Officer for the 2022-2023 school year. She was a volunteer member with the SAYA program for 2020-2021. She has served as a Sources Of Strength member since 2021 and this year she is a leader on the leadership team. Moss has many passions, but her faith trumps them all. You’ll find her singing in her church's worship band, serving in the children's ministry and always carries her bible full of notes with her.
$350
$500