Photo and illustration created in Canva by Thomas Olivera-Bueno.

REVIEW: Ant-man and The Wasp: Quantumania

Little Movie, Big Reviews

On Feb. 17, 2023, Marvel released “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania” into theaters. “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania” is a follow up to the 2018 movie “Ant-Man and The Wasp” and the 2015 movie “Ant-Man” which were both successful according to critics on Rotten Tomatoes with the first scoring an 83% and the second getting an 87%. Both movies earned over $500 million dollars in the box office worldwide putting them in the top 25 highest grossing Marvel Cinematic Universe movies worldwide, according to IMDb.

“Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” was directed by Peyton Reed who has also directed the previous two Ant-Man movies, and Jeff Loveness, who worked on the screenplay. Paul Rudd once again reprises his role as the main character, Scott Lang, along with actors Kathryn Newton as Cassandra Lang, Evangeline Lily as Hope van Dyne, Jonathan Majors as Kang the Conqueror, Tony McCarthy as Humanoid, Bill Murray as Lord Krylar and Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet Van Dyne.

The superhero returns along with The Unstoppable Wasp (Lily) for a third film, this time adventuring the quantum realm, which is a dimension that exists on a subatomic scale. Exploring the strange inhabitants and creatures and they embark on an adventure that pushes them beyond the limits of what they thought was possible. Scott Lang (Rudd) and Hope van Dyne (Lily), along with Hope’s parents, Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) and Janet van Dyne (Pfeiffer), and Lang’s daughter, Cassie Lang (Newton), go on a new adventure exploring the Quantum Realm that pits them against Kang the Conqueror (Majors).

“Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania” received mixed reviews according to Rotten Tomatoes with a  49% rated by critics, and a 84% from fans. According to IMDb a 6.6/10. This film was amazing to watch, and the story was clever and easy to follow. The quantum realm felt really big and colorful and the action was right on point. It was really incredible seeing this movie in theaters, and walking out feeling that this experience was great. This is just one of Marvel’s projects appearing in theaters in 2023.

$250
$500