Photo illustration created in Canva by Thomas Olivera-Bueno.

Wishing For Another Puss in Boots Movie?

Puss in Boots The Last Wish Review

On Dec. 21, 2022, DreamWorks Animation released their second animated movie of 2022. “Puss in Boots: The Last Wish,” the long-awaited sequel to the 2011 film “Puss in Boots.”

“Puss in Boots: The Last Wish” had just as much action as the first. With the animation being a lot better than most Dreamworks films, and much more colorful. With amazing action, clever writing and overall an amazing adventure. This movie is certainly one of Dreamworks’ best films.

“Puss in Boots: The Last Wish” stars the great actors: Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Harvey Guillen, Florence Pugh, Olivia Colman, Ray Winstone, Samson Kayo, John Mulaney and Wagner Mouran. Directed by Joel Crawford and Januel Mercado who have both directed Dreamworks movies before. Crawford has directed on projects such as the family adventure movie “The Croods: A New Age,” the sequel to the 2013 film “The Croods.” And Mercado who directed the highly praised “Kung Fu Panda 2.”

The story of “Puss in Boots: The Last Wish” stars Puss in Boots, a brave, skilled and fearless hero, who has also died eight times, and when he is on his last life he must make a journey to a legendary “wishing star” in order to gain his eight lives back. Because if he doesn’t, it’s all over for him, he’ll be gone forever.

But while on this journey he meets deadly obstacles and powerful fairy tale antagonists which include Goldilocks as well as Jack Horner, a nursery rhyme fairy tale character. And Wolf, an extremely skilled “bounty hunter” who is just as powerful as Puss with lightning-fast maneuvers, a very frightening presence and can no way be stopped. Meanwhile, Puss reunites with some old friends and makes new ones.

All the voice actors working did a stunning job with the emotion, character, and expression. And they really brought so much life to their character. The film has plenty of funny jokes and moments with a few cute face jokes, and moments where the movie pokes fun at other fairy tales. just enough high-stakes action. The animation has increased in quality drastically since DreamWorks’ last movie in early 2022 “The Bad Guys” movie which also included marvelous animation. All the character arcs in this movie are understandable and well-worked. The stakes in this movie are really high, and it really gets the story exciting.

“Puss in Boots: The Last Wish” was critically praised with a 96% on Rotten Tomatoes, and a 7.8/10 on IMDb. If you’re a major animation fan, or love DreamWorks. I would definitely recommend this movie a watch for all. A solid four out of five stars for me.

$250
$500