Don't Miss a Minute of McIntosh.

Thomas Olivera-Bueno

Photo and graphic illustration created in Canva by Thomas Olivera-Bueno.

Cowabunga! Turtles Rise Again

Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Movie released on Netflix

On Aug 5, 2022, Netflix finally released “The Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Movie.” Directed by Andy Suriano, the film is an action, drama, high-stakes adventure, time travel and alien invasion movie.

As a major Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan, I am glad to say that this is one of Netflix’s best-animated movies.

“The Rise of TMNT Movie” was just as fun and had plenty of action and comedy as the series itself. When the city of New York is invaded by a mysterious alien species only four turtles can rise to the challenge and use their “Turtle Power” to stop them.

“The Rise of TMNT the Movie” stars Ben Schwartz, Omar Benson Miller, Brandon Mychal Smith, Josh Brener, Kat Graham, Haley Joel Osment and Eric Bauza. During the movie Leonardo the careless, cannonball-crazy, reckless turtle goes through somewhat of an arch and character development, learning to take things seriously. And the big brute former leader Raph is having a hard time explaining what being a leader is to him. But when Raph is kidnaped by a mysterious visitor, Leo steps up and does whatever it takes to save his brother. From the future comes Casey Jones to help prevent the Krang, the evil alien species, from coming.

This movie did absolutely well with visuals the setting, and overall art and animation style. It really brought more emotion to the series. Especially in the final battle with the action that is built so much suspense presented with excellent visuals at different camera angles, and the sacrifices that were made. The voice acting and line delivery are also absolutely stunning.

“Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Movie” was critically praised with a 77% on Rotten Tomatoes, an 8/10 on IGN and a 4.8/5 according to Google Fan Ratings.

$250
$500