Cantabile Participates in Real Men Sing

Hannah Beth Potter

McIntosh Men’s Chorus at Real Men Sing

Nakia Harmon, Opinions Editor

The McIntosh Men’s Chorus, also known as Cantabil, attended an event this past Saturday at the Marietta Performing Arts Center. The name of this event was Real Men Sing. Along with the McIntosh Men’s Chorus, nine other schools in Georgia with a Men’s Chorus attended this event ranging from middle school to high school. This began at 1:00 p.m, and there was a concert at 7:00 p.m. Barber shop music was performed during that event by all the men chorus groups who attended.

Chorus teacher Hannah Potter said, “We wanted to see how ten men chorus groups would sound together as a whole.” The people that instructed the men chorus groups were actually placed 1st at an international barber shop music competition. There were twenty-five guys who represented McIntosh during this event. Not only did this event critique and improve the McIntosh Men’s Chorus, but it allowed them to showcase their voices outside school.

“The experience was great. Traveling up to Atlanta with the rest of my Cantabile group was a unique opportunity for sure,” said senior Devon Stock. “I feel like it was well worth giving up one of my free Saturdays for.”  The Men’s Chorus will be performing at the MHS Talent Show on Friday Sept. 21.