Spring Gala Theme Announced at Chorus Fall Concert

Katrina Skonberg, Opinions Editor

The chorus fall concert is an important opportunity for choral students show off their skills, but it is also notable for the traditional announcement of the Spring Gala theme at the end of the event. This year was no different.

October 12th’s chorus fall concert contained a wide variety of songs, some in different languages. After the concert and a round of applause, the long awaited moment had arrived. The students were buzzing with excitement in the rows and there was a drum roll coming from their section as Ms. Potter stepped on stage. She announced that the Spring Gala theme of 2018 would be “A Night at The Movies.”

Some seniors are reminiscing on their very first Gala and are bittersweet that this will be their last. Choir members are debating whether to try out for a solo or not. Discussions about what songs to steal from classic movies are held before classes.

For the first Gala in many years, the chorus will have to say a bittersweet goodbye to their amazing choreographer, Jerrod Royster. He was offered a life-changing job opportunity in Alabama, but promised to come back and see them all perform in April.

As of publication, it is not clear who will choreograph the upcoming Gala. “I think Miss Potter’s main focus right now is on closer events such as the Winter Concert and then LGPE. I have complete faith in her and that everything will fall into place in the end. I can’t wait for my senior year Gala!” say Isabella Skonberg