• March 284/1-5 Spring Break
  • March 283/29 Blood Drive
  • March 283/28 Art Show
  • March 273/28 Thespian Variety Show @ 7
  • March 223/29 Track and Field: Friday Night Lights @ 4:30
  • March 223/28 Baseball game against Pike Co @ 6:00

‘The Hobbit’ disappoints in UK theaters

According to telegraph.co.uk, a famous UK reviewer, recently having seen the new film, ‘The Hobbit,’ has plenty to say about the highly anticipated film, and it’s not good.

Telegraph.co.uk reported that Robbie Collin, a film critic from Scotland had an interesting take on the the new movie.

He first said that the 169-minute film was too long, having taken more than a minute of screen time for each of the 130 pages of it’s book.

“This film is so stuffed with extraneous faff and flummery that it often barely feels like Tolkien at all-more a dire, fan-written internet tribute.”

He continues by bashing a conversation between Gandalf (Ian McKellen), Galadriel (Cate Blanchett), Saruman (Christopher Lee) and Elrond (Hugo Weaving), which he says is “so boring the dwarves leave before its over.”

He blames the film’s woes on director, Peter Jackson and his decision to stretch ‘The Hobbit” novel out over three films.

“As a lover of cinema, Jackson’s film bored me rigid; as a lover of Tolkien, it broke my heart.”

Of all the criticizing, only Andy Serkis came away with raving reviews with his character, Gollum, having “stole[n] the show.”

While one critic did not enjoy the film, other reviewers have been much more positive about the movie. Critic Matthew Leyland claims it is spectacular, charming and “everything you expect from a Peter Jackson movie.”

The film premires in the U.S. on December 14th so be sure to see it and tell us what you think.

$250
$500